Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Tuesday Thoughts about...

Keds...

When I was a kid, the only tennis shoes you could buy were Keds. At least that's how I remember it. Believe me, if there was something cheaper (and Keds weren't expensive) we would have had them. With 7 keds, (see what I did there?) we would definitely have had something cheaper. There were Converse, but those were for the boys.

Anyway, our Keds were everything to us---casual wear shoes, softball shoes, volleyball shoes and play shoes. White was the only available color---or technically, lack there of.
Here I am in my softball shoes! In fact, you didn't want to have brand spankin' new white ones. When you got them, you had to dirty them up right away. Later, we'd polish them with white shoe polish if they got too grubby looking. Then, the shoe polish would rub off on your ankles and you'd look ridiculous! Maybe that's the real reason I wore those socks! One time I polished mine while I was wearing them. Of course, the polish seeped through and made my feet white! My brothers and sisters always accused me of being lazy!

Well, I mentioned awhile back about getting new Keds.
I haven't been able to wear them because I don't want to get them dirty. I really want to wear them, but the weather or my destination hasn't been just right! I'm not sure when everything will align.

However, I have worn my awesome Kate Spade pair:
 I thought I looked pretty spiffy with my white, wrinkled linen jacket. No socks this time.
They have the tiny brass spade on the back above the Keds tag. Welllll.....there's more....
 ...apparently, Kate Spade's partnership with Keds has extended to bride's shoes. What a good idea! I'll bet they won't be white after an evening of dancing and everyone stepping on the feet of the bride!
They have other really cute Kate Spade exclusives. Unfortunately, I won't be buying them.

How many pairs of Keds do I need? I don't do many sports these days, so I'll just stick with play shoes! And maybe I'll take those white ones out for a spin soon!



1 comment:

  1. It’s so hard to wear white shoes the first time! I don’t remember having Keds as a kid, but I’ve had a few pairs over the years. Definitely prefer the FUN ones!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.