Friday, April 13, 2018

Scrapbooking Paper....

....isn't just for scrapbooking anymore. Butch just recently installed The Ring video doorbell. But before he could do that, he had to deal with the old one.
Really old. 35 years to be exact. It does work, but since the "receiver" portion of the old intercom was so staticy through the house, we had to turn the volume way low. That meant we could never hear the doorbell. So basically, we've lived 23 years without a doorbell. It looks like it would have been a simple thing to remove it, but it left a big hole. Butch thought of all different ideas to close the hole since the new doorbell is smaller. I wanted the new one in the same spot. None of those ideas were the solution. He came up with the best idea.

Here it is! He ended up backing a piece of plexiglass with a piece of scrapbook paper he found in my room. I love the results. Of course, he wouldn't know where the scraps are. That means, he used a 12x12 sheet that he cut down. Add to that, it would have been one of a pair. Now I have lots of leftover scraps!

 I'm not really complaining. I'm glad my scrapbook supplies are being used by someone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.