Wednesday, January 24, 2018

We've Been Robbed!

And by "we've" been robbed, I mean that collectively! OMGosh! How in the world did "The Greatest Showman" not get a single Oscar nomination! That is the best film this year!

Since getting my Movie Pass, I've seen a lot of movies. A. Lot. I've seen 6 of the 9 nominations for Best Picture. Of those 6, five were really good. I don't really understand how LadyBird is in there. I didn't love that one at all. As for The Shape of Water, I wanted to see it. I swear, it was only out for about two weeks. The movies come and go so quickly, it's hard to keep up. I'm averaging about 2 movies a week and that's not enough. Of course, we'll hit a lull where nothing good seems to be out.

I was certain that James Franco would win Best Actor for The Disaster Artist---until the scandal broke. Then I knew he wouldn't be considered. Too bad. He was superb! The movie was good too!

In the mean time, I don't understand how "The Greatest Showman" and Hugh Jackman could have been overlooked. It was fabulous. I've seen it twice and would definitely like to see it again if I can work it in. It was a beautiful film to watch too!

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens. But as it stands now, my favorites to win are (if these are my only choices):
Best Picture---The Post
Best Actor---Daniel Day Lewis
Best Actress---Frances McDormand

If I could pick out of everything I've seen this year, you know where I stand. As for Best Actress, I'd still choose Frances McDormand.

But then, they didn't ask me. We've been robbed---I tell you! Or maybe I should say---"they've been robbed!" And that's the truth!

1 comment:

  1. We saw Ladybird when we were at the Austin Film Festival, and I enjoyed it, but it was not my favorite of the ones we saw there. I noticed it was on the cover of Entertainment Weekly's Oscar issue, so it may win big.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.