Friday, January 26, 2018

I Have a Hard Time Accepting That I Might Be Getting Old

Case in point:
When I was in St. Louis, Jeanne and I went over to see the "littles" Travis and Nathan. They had just gotten hula hoops for Christmas.
Jeanne says I'll do anything for a laugh! It's more about wanting these kids to always remember their Aunt Barb. Yes, I'm even willing to make a fool of myself!

Jeanne asked me the next day if my neck hurt. It didn't. She texted me a couple days after that and asked if I'd gone to the chiropractor. It wasn't until then that I realized what I did was really stupid! I have to remember that at 66, you cannot act like you are 5! The body just can't handle it! I've got to be more careful!! I was lucky this time---no ill effects. I'm so thankful for that!

There's another way that says I'm getting old. Check this out:
The table next to my chair just screams "old lady." Old people always have a lot of "stuff" on the table next to their chair.
The table is covered with stuff. But I need it ALL. I clean it off regularly, but there's not really anything that I don't use. It's sort of like my office. Maybe that counts. Maybe that makes it legit.
1. Vitamins to improve my nails---they are weak. I'm thinking it could have something to do with the xolair treatments. This is about a 4 month supply and needs to be taken on a full stomach. Having them here reminds me to take them after breakfast or dinner.
2. My A-Lister card. I don't really know what to do with it, plus I like being reminded that I'm important!
3. Lens cleaner---for my computer and glasses.
4. Hand lotion.
5. In the back is my checkbook, envelopes and stamps. I pay my bills online, but sometimes have things that need to be sent in.
6. There's the pencil cup that along with pens and pencils, contains scissors, ruler, tweezers, highlighters, hole punch, needlepoint scissors and emory boards.
7. Sweetarts because sometimes you feel like a snack.
8. Little notebooks for assorted note making.
9. An old address book that is the "holy grail" containing all of my computer passwords.
10. Magnifiers for my needlework.
11. A drink of some sort on a coaster (of course).
12. My laptop sits on top of a few files I'm currently needing along with a couple catalogs I want to go through.
13. The covered dish contains my stapler, staples, paper clips, binder clips, USB adapter for my computer, Fit Bit charger, glass cleaning cloth, Blistex and ear buds.
14. Napkins.
15. In the back is a stack of books I want to read, a Sudoku book and a couple of bridge books.

Like I said, It's a lot of stuff. I hate how it looks---all junky. But I don't really know what to do about it. I use it all regularly. I haven't even shown the things under the table---travel folders, needlework binder, and a binder for each of our beach condos. I also had a basket with all of my needlepoint stuff in it. I moved it to the sunroom during the holidays and have not brought it back in. I don't think I'm going to. I'll just keep what I'm working on at my chair.

So there you have it. One more way I'm starting to act "old!"



1 comment:

  1. Fab video - you really did get those kids chuckling - what a fun Aunt you are! But I can imagine that the neck may be feeling a little sore after all that hula hooping. I can't hula hoop at all, absolutely rubbish at it. We had a supply teacher in school a couple of years ago who had hula hooped with an Australian circus, he was AMAZING! With so many hoops too - keep practising!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.