Monday, January 22, 2018

Monday Mysteries!

It never ceases to amaze me. A little call for snow and people go crazy! Suddenly they act like they are going to be snowed in and likely to starve. The run on the grocery store is unbelievable. Actually, I found myself there doing some normal shopping. No, I didn't not rush to get bread, milk and eggs. Still, I needed hamburger buns and hoagie rolls. The bread aisle looked like this:
The grocery store was able to unload the expensive stuff too!

Oh wait, my pantry looks like this:
No, there wasn't suddenly a run on food at my house---just the clearing out in preparation of the kitchen renovation. (It's coming...)
 So this is it. The BIG snow.I think we ended up with about 4 niches. Enough to shut down businesses. Schools were out for the week! That didn't stop us. We decided to go to the movies, only to get there and find out they were closed. You know, you can't call anymore and talk to a person. They just had a recording---which never mentioned that they were closed. I checked the website, but that only showed their hours of operation. Still, I got a Pei Wei lunch out of it!
 Even the Christmas tree looked nice---dusted with snow.
 I have to admit. I love the snow. It's so pretty. I hate how the salt on the roads really makes your car all filthy and disgusting. And I'm sure if we had snow all the time, I'd hate it.
A winter wonderland outside my bathroom. Love it!
Once a year is good with me. This is a lot of snow for Nashville. I'll take it. Even if people go crazy! Why they do is a mystery to me!

2 comments:

  1. Love that picture of the empty shelves! I'm sure most people have enough food in their fridges and freezers to last a few days without having to run out and stock up. I know I do! Although your shelves look a little bare themselves - amazing how tidy you have to be when you're planning work in your home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a Canadian living in Northern Ontario...this amount of snow is just a sprinkling...but I am sure your city isn't used to it and most vehicles don't have all season or winter tires.
    As for the food isles being empty, makes me chuckle.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.