Thursday, January 4, 2018

January 3rd

You might be thinking, why is she doing a post about January 3rd. Well, it's an important date---for several reasons.

1. I've decided to stay in my pajamas all day!
    A. I have no where I need to be today. I thought about taking myself to a movie, but opted to stay home instead. Staying home all day is pretty rare for me. It seems I have something going on all the time. Not today. If Connie weren't working, I'd probably be out. But she is, so I'm not.
    B. Butch left for the beach today, so I don't have to feel like a slacker with him here and me still in my jammies.
    C. Jammies are just plain comfortable and I don't do it often enough!

2. All the scheduled work I had planned for now is done! Yeah, I know, I have tons more to do around the house, but for now, I feel accomplished with having cleaned out the laundry room and getting the Christmas stuff put away. Plus, the big job of emptying out all the cabinets and pantry for the remodel is looming just ahead. I might as well enjoy one workless day now.

3. I had a phone date with the Social Security office at 9:30 a.m. I already called in December to find out what I needed to do to start collecting my benefits. I answered a bazillion questions only to have them say, "Okay, the next appointment we have is January 3rd at 9:30." I asked what the appointment was for. She replied, "To get all the information we need for you to draw your benefits." I said, "I thought that's what I just did with you!" Uh, no. The government at work---what a waste. I received an official letter about my phone appointment along with all the OTHER information they would want (birth certificate, marriage license, and bank account). I gathered the information---including taking my marriage license (which is framed) off the wall. They didn't ask for anything except the banking information. Looks like I'll get to draw half of Butch's which is more than the allowance I've allowed myself for about the past 5 years! Yippeee! A raise! They run a month in arrears, so I won't get my first deposit until February. I'm so excited!

4. I haven't had a full stitching day since way before Thanksgiving. In fact, I haven't spent any time working on my 3D santa since then. Now I'm in the position of working on a holiday piece outside of the holiday. I don't like that. I really prefer to work on holiday stuff during the season. It's just more fun. "Barb," you ask, "why don't you just put it aside until next Christmas?" Uh, do you know me at all! I have to finish this before I can move to something else. I don't like to start something new when there is an unfinished project laying about. Although, I am working on something else that has a deadline. But for today, I'm going to stitch and watch several episodes of The Crown. Love that! And in front of the fireplace too.

5. Gosh, I don't have a 5, but it seems like I should. Otherwise 4 is just left hanging. So there it is, I've managed to make a 5.

So what did you do that makes your January 3rd memorable?

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.