Thursday, January 19, 2017

Remodeling Update

The powder room is almost finished! Just waiting on the sink. 

Before:
 I've always liked the powder room. But this faucet (which I love) has to be replaced---no fixing it. So what the heck---why not just gut the whole thing and start over?
The floor was marble. The toilet is new---just replaced that about a year ago. Remember how I like a toilet that meets you half way? It's a little taller than most.
 I've had this paint color since we moved in---1995. It's been repainted a couple times.
 Kind of a salmon colored marble counter. 

During:
 Everything gone. It looks like the chair rail is still there, but it's not---this is just what was under it.
Love the new floor---marble tiles with brown grout. I liked that it looked kind of like latticework. Brown is my least favorite color, but I loved this.
I'm keeping my Waterford chandelier---I took it all apart so it wouldn't get damaged. You can see how dirty it is due to drywall dust.
Originally, I wanted to use shiplap in here. I decided against it since is such a small room as that would have gone from the floor to the ceiling. After scouring Pinterest, I came up with this idea instead. Plus, I still love this paint color! After 22 years, I have not grown tired of it. I especially love how well it goes with the new floor. I'm actually a big proponent of changing your paint color when you re-decorate things. But not this time. I'm not sure why I'm so taken with this color, but I am. 
 My brothers, Ronnie and Matt painted it originally. Matt called it "baby poop." I prefer Grey "poop"on!
I didn't even know there was such a thing as "pretty plumbing!" Christy (my friend and designer) said I needed "pretty plumbing" since it's all going to show with what I'm putting in here. This is such a little thing, but I'm so excited about it. I just love that old fashioned---what do you call it---handle, knob? Whatever, I love it. I can't wait to see what the sink plumbing is going to look like.
I cleaned all of the crystals and we got the chandelier put back together. The prisms are all individual pieces. It's so sparkly and shiny when it's clean. Butch hasn't put the chain cover back on. I washed the old one---cream moire---which really isn't washable. With something like that, I figure you have nothing to lose---if it doesn't work out, it needed replacing anyway. Both ends sort of unraveled, but I think it will look fine once it's up as those ends can be tucked in. I did order a new one---silk---from Ballard Designs. If I need to use it, I will. I'm planning on that for my new chandelier in the master. I love crystal in the bathroom!
Getting a new vent, light and cover too. I want everything to look new. I mean, if you're going to do it, why leave any little thing undone? At least that's my philosophy!

It will be another couple of weeks before the sink is in. The next update with be when it is completed and decorated! Can't wait.

In the meantime---the shower and toilet area of the master has been gutted. Steve is putting in the new flooring. The shower was just about completely rotted out. He has had to add new joists and other stuff to fix it. It's going to be a long time for the master as there is so much to be done. 

That's why I wanted to start with the powder room. It fills that instant gratification need in me---even if it's really 4 or 5 weeks to completion. We're figuring 3 or 4 months for the master bath. It's going to be a long ride...




1 comment:

  1. It looks great so far - I like that floor tile & agree it goes with wall color wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.