Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Tuesday Thoughts About...

...beds.

Here's ours---for the last 23 years. It's a queen.
Our first bed was a double that we had for our first 25 years. When we moved in to this house, we were getting new furniture and made the switch to the queen--more because our bedroom is so big, a double would have seemed really little in the room.

Well, I was reading another blog that I follow. The blog is written by a young-ish mother---married just 11 years. She was going on about loving her "king" bed that they got after their first year of marriage. She said that she and her husband like space when they sleep. No judgement here.

I get it. When we travel, we either get a king bed or two doubles. It's kind of nice. We're good with our queen bed at home. Even though the extra space would be grand, I have no intention of switching out what we have for several reasons:

1. We like being able to cuddle.
2. Butch lets me put my cold feet on him.
3. I can more easily monitor Butch's sleep apnea and nudge him when he quits breathing (he thinks it's my imagination---it's not).
4. I would HATE having to make a king bed. My short arms don't reach far enough!

We'll stick with what we have and enjoy extra space when we travel---sort of like a vacation within a vacation! If either one of us gets sick, we have several other beds to choose from. Sounds like a plan.

What about you? What are your thoughts on the subject of beds?

Speaking of beds. While you are reading this, I'll be on my sister's cruise where I will be sharing a tiny cabin with the twins--Janice and Jennifer. I'm pretty sure my bed space is going to be pretty limited!


1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on the reasons for not having a king size - we only have a double so if we go on holiday where it's a king size bed it seems that we are so far apart!
    Paul has sleep apnea - didn't believe me when I said it sounded like he held his breath after snoring SO loudly, then he reluctantly went to a sleep clinic and test showed he stopped breathing 17 times in one hour! Now he wears a plastic mouth guard (like a gum shield) and there's no snoring and his breathing is calm and regular - both of us are getting a better night's sleep!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.