Monday, February 25, 2019

Monday Mystery

It's a mystery to me as to how an air fryer works. What, is it like a fan pushing around hot air that actually can cook something? All I know is that we've liked everything I've ever made in it---all two things!!

When we first got it, I made French fries. They were really good. That was last year! So, I noticed it in the pantry last week which reminded me that I had it and needed to use it. I found a new recipe on Plain Chicken another blog I follow. It was so good, that I've decided to share it for all of you that might have an "underused" air fryer.

Chicken Parmesan
4 chicken cutlets
1/3 cup flour
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/3 cup Italian breadcrumbs
1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
1/3 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 cup spaghetti sauce
1 1/2 cup mozzarella

I divided all of the ingredients in half and used 2 large frozen chicken tenderloins---so I only had to cook once. Salt and pepper chicken, dip in flour, then egg and then the breadcrumbs/parmesan mixture.

Place in air fryer. Spray top with cooking spray (I used the olive oil type). Cook at 350 for 6 minutes. Spread with a little spaghetti sauce and top with cheese (I bought slices and used a half slice for each). Cook at 400 for 4 minutes. Repeat with remaining cutlets.

So what do you think? How the heck does air fry something? It's a mystery to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.