Friday, February 8, 2019

Takin' a Break

Hey All,
I'm off on a scrapbook retreat with my sister, Jeanne and sil, Janet. We do it every winter and fall. This year it is a reunion of sorts. We're back at Kinderhook Lodge in Barry, IL. It's been several years since we did this as the girls who organized it---quit. Another friend, Erin, who I refer to as one of the  St. Louis girls is organizing it again. We had planned to go last year, but life got in the way.

When I left Nashville at 5:45 a.m., it was 65 degrees. The further north I went, the colder it got. It was raining and for at least an hour, I had to slow down to 30 mph on the highway to be able to see---it was coming down so hard. I was all tense driving in that!
 When I finally got to St. Louis (actually Defiance, MO), it was 12:30 p.m. and snowing!!! I couldn't believe it! Luckily, I threw my coat in the car at the last minute!

We are enjoying catching up with "old" friends---and I don't mean that kind of "old"! It doesn't bother me, but would you believe that I'm (and by that I mean WE) are the oldest people here? Jeanne hit the nail on the head when we arrived. "Hey, since we're old, maybe the other girls will help us with our stuff! And they did!! Love these girls.

And the views ain't half bad!!

I hope y'all have a great weekend---I will! See ya' next week!

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.