Thursday, February 21, 2019

This and That Thursday

First off, let me start by thanking those of you who left comments on yesterday's post. I left the part out of the story where I did, indeed, contact HP. I sort of blamed them for my stupidity!!! And then, when my computer guy came yesterday, he cleaned my computer and found nothing at all. So, luckily nothing was infiltrated. We had him do Butch's too while we were at it. He actually had several bits of malware that were cleared up. We have now installed a protector that does exactly what Susanne suggested---it let's you know if you are going to a "bad" website. In fact, there's a little green check mark if the website is okay and red if it's not. It works in the background and lets you know if anything comes up and then fixes it!! It's called BitDefender Shield. I'm feeling a lot more relaxed now. Oh, and that $99 service call? Well let's just say---it wasn't JUST that! He was here for two hours!

Okay, on to more pleasant topics. I'm getting ready to leave on Saturday for my sister's cruise. There are 7 of us. 4 have never been on a cruise. We have all of our excursions booked. We cruise out of Fort Lauderdale. I've been on many cruises, but all of these stops are new to me--Key West, Grand Turk, Amber Cay and one other place. We're on a brand new ship that just started in December on Holland American. We all got the drink package, so we're set!! We're really looking forward it.

While I'm off with my sisters, Butch will be in Peru with his brother. We plan to have these trips every year. I just told him that he can't go to places that I want to go!

Here are a few other things


 Mindy, Stephanie and Morgan finally got to do goat yoga. Steph and Morgan did not post any photos. Mindy said it was fun, but not really much of a workout.
 I've made a couple additions to the senior picture wall. Only one left to go.
 Our little Elizabeth is not so little any more, but it will be about 4 years until she's on the wall.
 I've finished the engine of my Easter train. There are three cars. I'm giving myself a month for each one. That way I will have them finished before the workshop I'm doing in May.

I tried a new recipe that was soooo easy and really good. I loved it.

Sausage and Cabbage Casserole
Polish sausage
6 red potatoes
head of cabbage

I just cut up everything (washed the potatoes and cut them up as if I was going to cook them for mashed potatoes---skins on). I tossed it all with onion salt, pepper, seasoned salt and Paula Dean's house seasoning. You can really use just about anything. Put in a casserole dish, cover with foil and bake at 425 for 40 minutes.

Butch thought it was just so so. He said that he prefers polish sausage and sauerkraut, because after all, that's cabbage! I like that too, but this was just different and really good. I really like simple.

We're going to be trying Martha Stewart's home food delivery when we get home from our trips. I'll have to let you know about that.

That about brings you up-to-date with me. What's going on in your world?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.