Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Tuesday Thoughts About...

...making mistakes. That's one thing I'm really good at it. Perhaps I've even perfected the art of making mistakes---if there is such a thing!

Case in point:
For AYM (A Year of Memories) this year, we are doing a "Book of Holidays."

Instead of the normal holidays each month, I found the more obscure ones. I thought it might be fun to tell a story about peanut butter on National Peanut Butter day---or any other unusual holidays.

I decided to do my February layout last week at the scrapbook retreat at Kinderhook. I pre-planned, I had my pictures, I made my layout and did the journaling. Then, when we had our AYM meeting last week, one of the girls mentioned that February 22 was National Chili Day. I was like, "Whaaatttt?" I looked at the handout I made and realized the the 22nd was, indeed chili day. I misread it and thought it was National "Chill" Day! Are you kidding me? I'm the one who creates these things, so there's really no excuse!

Here's the layout I made and I'm sticking with it. I've just created a new National holiday!
Still, mistake or not, you'll find me "chilling" with my stitching on Friday, February 22!

Maybe my next Tuesday Thoughts should be about eye sight!

A couple things to note about this layout:
1. I created a spinner on the top right which is also the title for the page: "February 22 National Chill Day"--There are pictures with each turn of the spinner.
2. Even with Valentine's colors and ephemera, you can get by just fine even if the pictures are Christmas and Halloween! I'm always preaching that it's about the story!
3. I added piercing and stitching on the journaling tags. I originally planned to stitch the entire heart, but it was taking way too long. Still, since it's a page about stitching, I felt like I wanted stitching on it!
4. There are more photos in the envelope.

Sometimes mistakes aren't all that bad! Well, unless it's "What I Buy Wednesday." That's a story for tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.