Thursday, April 8, 2021

Five Things Thursday

Okay, I'm taking a minute to give you five things. We have been hitting it hard every day! Today, Butch and I decided to forego dinner so we can just call it a day. We got back at 4:30. I showered and collapsed! We decided to order room service--sushi--really hit the spot. Steph and Nicky are on their own. They are quite the "foodies" which is an important part of their vacation. Ours too, usually, but sometimes--not! I just did not want to have to get all fixed up and go to a lengthy dinner when all I want to do is relax and chill out! Win win for all of us!!

Here we go!

1. I saw my first moose at The Grand Canyon!! And, I didn't even have to pay for it! I cannot tell you how many times we've gone on excursions to see animals---only to never see any! I can't even begin to think about how much money we've spent. After I didn't see any whales in Alaska, I said, "that's it! I'm not paying for another animal watching excursion!" Actually, we saw pretty many moose today, to it was really cool. They were not afraid of people which made it nice to be able to get up close. There was another laying down behind this one.
Nicky made the comment that they looked pretty mangy. Butch informed us that they are just losing their winter coats. Makes sense.

2. You know how obsessed I am with book boxes! 
Well, this one might just be my favorite! It was built to match this church in Flagstaff, Arizona. Too cute!

3. Stephanie and Nicky at The Grand Canyon.

Butch and I. It was the most gorgeous day! We hiked the western rim for about 4 miles. We had a great lunch at the El Tovar Hotel on the rim. We had some great salads there.

4. We just don't understand people. You are not supposed to go off the path. Still, people break the rules all the time. That doesn't sit well with us. We are rule followers! Plus, it's just plain dangerous.

These guys were right up to the edge. With all the loose gravel, one little slip and they'd be gone. We saw a family who were encouraging their kids to get close to the edge so they could take a picture! We couldn't believe it!! It might be hard to tell, but it's a sheer drop off! Straight down, do not pass go, do not collect $200 dollars!! 

5. No trip would be complete without geo-caching. Luckily, Steph and Nicky enjoy it as much as we do.
What better spot than the forest floor at the Grand Canyon!
Do you see it? Look really close!
A chunk of wood right at the base of the tree! Right there in the open. You might not expect it to just be sitting there.
Flip it over and there's the log! That was a fun one. Of course Butch found it first. He stepped away and then I found it!

It was an exhausting day. We left at 8 a.m. and didn't get back until 4:30---just like every day so far!! But the truth is, we don't want to miss a thing! And, we don't!!




1 comment:

  1. I can assure you that I would most definitely be a rule follower in such terrain! I'm not bothered at all about heights but to be on the edge of a cliff with a sheer drop just immediately makes me imagine all the things that could go wrong!
    That geocache log really was hidden in plain sight wasn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.