Wednesday, September 16, 2020

What I Buy Wednesday

Actually, I didn't buy much this week. We didn't go to the outlets at the beach which we normally like to do. I did go shopping on Monday and picked up a couple things for the condo---which I'll share as we go along.

My first stop on Monday was a drive through Starbucks. I was listening to the Broadway channel with Christine Pedi. She was talking about how Broadway is still completely shut down. This means all of the people who make their living there have had no money coming in. They have all lost their health insurance since they are not working. It's pretty scary and makes me feel so bad for them. We have re-booked our NYC trip for April and I've already purchased the tickets for The Music Man starring Hugh Jackman. I can't wait! 

Anyway, I was soooo "in" to what Cjhristine was saying that when I pulled up to the window at Starbucks, the barista asked me if I'd place my order. Oh My Gosh!!! I completely forgot!! She was really nice and took my order rather than making drive back around. I told her that I wanted to pay for the person behind me since they had to wait longer because of my mistake. 

When I got me tea, it was like this:
No straw! When we were at the beach, I got a Starbucks like this too. They had a sign up that you could request a straw if you wanted one. I thought it was a "thing" at the beach because they wanted to make sure that the plastic didn't end up in the ocean. I did not know that it's now a "thing" across all the Starbucks. It's okay with me. Drinking out of that little slot is going to take some getting used to for sure. I dribbled a couple times!

Okay, I'm dragging this out way too long. As I pulled out of Starbucks, I was waiting at the light. A gal in the car next to me was waving at me. I lowered the window and she said, "Thanks!! You made my day!!" I explained my mistake and was happy that it made her happy!! You just never know!

Well, I guess that's it for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.