Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Travel Tuesday

This is not exactly traveling, but it's the closest we can get in current times. I'll take it!!

When Sandy was in town a couple weeks ago for our stitching weekend, there was an event downtown at the historic Hermitage Hotel. They were hosting a "Suffragette Tea" in honor of the anniversary of women gaining the right to vote. When Nashville voted to ratify the amendment, that's all that was needed for it to become law. 


The menu and the history of it all was bound up really nice. We got to keep it. The Hermitage Hotel is located at the bottom of our legislative plaza. The government officials would walk here to have a drink and a cigar while they discussed political stuff.
We all had a different tea cup. I like it when places do that.
The scones were tiny--savory and sweet. I prefer the sweet--slathered with Devonshire cream.
It's been quite a while since we've had a proper tea. The girls and I love that! I raised them right!
The yellow roses were significant in that the government officials wore yellow ribbons if they were "for" the amendment. 
As we were departing, we each were given a long stemmed yellow rose.
I just love this picture of the girls. Certainly a sign of the times!! Even with their masks, they are so pretty!

I also went with my friends. Any excuse for tea!! 

It was just so much fun doing something so normal for a change. I'm definitely okay with staying home, but I'll jump at a chance to do something fun!! I am grateful for every little thing!!

2 comments:

  1. That looks like a very beautiful place to have had afternoon tea - very elegant. And yes, it is so nice when we can go something which feel 'normal'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely place to spend an afternoon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.