Monday, September 28, 2020

Mission Accomplished

Well, considering I didn't even know I was on a mission, I'm happy we accomplished it!

When Janet and I got to Salem, Janice showed us her current living situation.
Now don't get me wrong. This is a very nice RV. But--it's not meant to be a permanent home. There are too many things you have to deal with on an almost daily basis to make it inconvenient enough to NOT be a permanent home. 

Sooooo, Janice and Jennifer started showing us around at the cabin she was thinking of. The shell of the building is built by the Menonites. After that, they move it to Sawdust and Splinters for the finish work. 

After considering all the options, turns out that Sawdust and Splinters was getting ready to sell their workshop which is 16'x40". They are gutting it and re-doing everything.
The outside is going to be power washed and the front porch will be given a new coat of sealer.
The rails will be wrought iron. She decided how she wants the the inside to be laid out. She'll have to pick out everything. That could be a problem for someone who has trouble making decisions! Jennifer and I made her add another closet inside the front door. With an open floor plan, storage space will be at a premium! 
It's a father/son team who own the business. They seem really nice and honest. The "dad" is going to act as the facilitator for everything related to the cabin--foundation, septic, electric, water/well, etc. We don't even know the questions to ask, so we need someone like him to oversee it. Luckily, Janice will be putting it on Jennifer's farm in a beautiful location. It's going to be really nice and just perfect for her. I've already agreed to come back if they need more help in order to get it finished.

7 weeks from now, she should be all settled. I can't wait. I'm so happy for her!! Janice just needed a little nudging!! Jennifer told the "guy" that she called in the "big guns" (me) to help this along. That's when I realized I had a mission to accomplish! I'm sure Janice is pretty overwhelmed about how it all went down so quick, but it's going to be perfect for her and the two dogs. 

Oh, and her cat might even want to come back home!! As soon as they got to the farm, her cat, Daisy, moved in over at Jennifer's and hasn't left!! Actually, she might just think that Jennifer is Janice! Either which way, I'm just so happy that the twins are together again! They need to be together!!



3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you did accomplish the unknown mission & that it will work out nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great that you were able to give Janice the help and gentle nudge she needed. A cabin in a rural setting sounds so very peaceful ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how nice that she has something more permanent to look forward to. What better place to be than near your twin.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.