Thursday, September 3, 2020

A Few Things

I have a pretty good line-up for you today.

1. The very first "filling station" (the original name for gas stations) in the WHOLE world was in St. Louis, MO in 1905.
420 South Theresa Avenue. I'm pretty sure this building is probably gone. Maybe there's a plaque or something. Butch and I will definitely find the location. We love all that little stuff when we're traveling. Although "going home" is hardly considered traveling.

2. I came across this one day. What really caught my attention was that fact that it's recycled toilet paper. Ewwww----how do you even do that?  Then I read further.
It's actually made from bamboo! Remember my consternation about making cloth out of bamboo? Well, making it in to paper at least makes more sense. This company donates half of it's proceeds to making toilets in 3rd world countries. Hmmm, do you think this could be a "What I Buy Wednesday" post? Could be my hostess gifts this December for all the parties that most likely will not happen! We'll see....

3. "They" (I never really know who "they" are) have just announced that BNA--the Nashville airport is changing their carpeting. You might wonder why that would be such a big deal. But somewhere along the line, someone started a Facebook page for our carpet. People--including Mindy---take their photo on the carpet when they are getting ready to fly somewhere. Apparently it's a big deal.
The airport has decided to cash in on our famous carpet by selling door mats from it for $34.99. When someone on the Facebook page suggested they donate that money to charity, the response was that the airport is hurting like everyone else during this pandemic. 

In a way, I think it might be kinda cool and definitely a conversation piece--to own a mat from it. But it would be my luck that I'd just get a hunk of the brown part! I think I'll save my $34.99.

4. I came across this cute needlepoint canvas. 
I know someone who would probably like it. Can you see all those necklaces actually beaded? It would work up pretty fast too.

5. Ain't this the truth??!!
I didn't save it for Friday Funnies because it's not funny! It's a great suggestion!

1 comment:

  1. Mom!! I neeeeed that needlepoint! Will you make it for me?? Tulane has a bead tree like that right in the middle of campus! Everyone throws their Mardi Gras beads on there and they leave them up so the branches are completely covered with beads year round! It’s so cool looking!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.