Saturday, September 12, 2020

Just a Little Something!

Hey All. Trying to squeeze in a little post before we go to dinner on our last night. I do not know where the time went!! Usually when Butch and I come down to the beach, we're ready to go home after a few days. Not this time. Of course, Stephanie and Mindy were here with us. Plus, we were busy dealing with things for the upcoming remodel of the condo. 

The entire week was fun, but it zoomed by! Still, we managed to get out and walk (me) while Butch, Stephanie and Mindy did some biking and walking.
Butch and the girls rode their bikes to Seaside. You can barely see Stephanie and Mindy here. 
When they got there, they called me and I was supposed to meet them for lunch. Butch said there was no parking and he was going to come on home so he and I could do lunch. I told him to just stay with the girls and enjoy a drink on the beach with lunch after. They did. 

By the time he got home, I was at the pool. I asked about the girls and he say they were about 20 minutes behind him. When they got home, they met me at the pool. They said it was a lot of fun but that after eating lunch, the ride back home was ALL UPHILL! At least it felt that way. It was about 13 miles round trip. 

I did my normal walking every morning. It was pleasantly cool during that time. 

We knew we were closing in on finishing our Route 66 challenge. The timing was supposed to be such that Stephanie and Mindy would take us over the finish like together. Instead, I messed that up when I posted my miles. So, technically, I'M the one that took us to the end!! 

Both of the girls agreed that I deserved it because I was the most consistent of the team---reaching my goal every single week! I'll take it! 
I got my last post card upon arriving at the Santa Monica Pier.
Here were the final stats. This was really so much fun! 

We've already signed up for the next one. We're walking (hiking and biking) the length of Britain! That is much shorter that Route 66 by about 1000 miles. We picked something that we can finish before the really cold weather hits. 

I'm really excited about this because there is going to be so much to see along the way. I'll be taking notes so that the next time we can get to England, I'll have all kinds of interesting places to visit in person!

Okay, that's it for today. By the time you are reading this, we'll be on our way home. I'll have plenty to report...

Until then...have a great weekend!


1 comment:

  1. What a tremendous achievement! Well done .. Walking and hiking the length of the UK? 874 miles? Oh my goodness! Let us know when you are coming!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.