Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Travel Tuesday

Well, I'm calling this "travel Tuesday" even though it's not about travel, but rather, about my car. About a week and a half ago, a young girl "rear-ended" me as we exited the highway. No dent  or anything, just a scraped bumper that may or may not be able to be buffed.

I took my car in today to get it "fixed." They gave me a rental car. Originally, I was told the car would have a full gas tank and needed to return it full. The gal from Geico was very clear about that and wanted to make sure I understood as well. Instead, today, the gal that delivered the car told me that it was on empty---I had about 30 miles. She said I was to return it empty---completely opposite of what I was told. I'm no dummy. I get it.

I stopped at the gas station. I decided that I'd get $10.00 worth of gas---I certainly don't want to leave too much gas in it. I got out of the car, but couldn't figure out how to open the gas cover. I pushed and prodded. I went back to the car and looked all around for a button. Nothing. I went back and pressed the cover some more. I checked again for a button somewhere---even on the console or radio area and  checked for overhead buttons. I just could not find it. Luckily, a guy pulled up next to me. I asked him for help. He was only too happy to come to my rescue. (Side note. I still don't get all these women that think it's somehow degrading to ask for help. There are just times when I need a big strong man! And I'm not afraid to ask!).

Anyway, Mr. Nice Guy did exactly what I did. He pressed and prodded. He looked for a button. And finally he found it. ON THE FLOOR! What???? I've never heard or seen that before. It was just a little rectangle.
 It's down on the floor right next to the door.
If you look real close, you can see a little gas pump. Honestly, I don't think I ever would have found it on my own. I mean, it never occurred to me to look on the floor. Seriously.

As I was pumping the gas, I had a thought that if I got 20 miles to the gallon, I wouldn't need $10 worth. By the time that hit me, I was already at $8.21. When I got in the car, it showed that I have 120 miles worth of gas!

OMGosh! I guess I'll need to do some joy riding to use it up! Or maybe, I'll get my "big, strong man" to siphon it into one of our other cars!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.