Saturday, March 28, 2020

The Quarantine Boredom Quiz

A couple of you played along, so I'm going to share their results here. Below this post you will find my "What We're Eating" post. There aren't always enough days of the week...ya' know?

Connie and Mindy sent their answers---Connie first:
1. Did you marry your high school sweetheart? 
No.

2. What did you drive? 
I never had my own car.  I don’t remember what my parents drove, but occasionally I got to drive it to school.

3. Where did you work?
i worked at a shop called Chas. A. Stevens.  I worked in customer service.  Also, I babysat a lot.  

4. Where did you live? 
Western Springs, IL.  A suburb of Chicago

5. Were you in a band?
No, I had no talent.

6. Still talk to your best friend? 
No, I moved away the day after graduation.

7. Ever get suspended? 
No

8. If you could, would you go back?
No.  I just wish I knew then some of the things I know now.

9. Still talk to the person that you went to prom with?
Oh, hell no!

10. Did you skip?
No, I would never have done that.  Although, with 1200 in my class they probably never would have missed me.

11. Go to all the football games?
Many of them.  I’ve always liked football.

12. Favorite subject?
English and French

13. Do you still have your yearbooks?
I don’t think so.  At least I haven’t seen them in the last couple of moves.

14. Did you follow your "original career plan”? 
More or less.  I always knew I wanted to be married and have children.

15. Do you still have your senior ring? 
No, sadly it was stolen .

16. Favorite teacher?
Mrs. Perch in 6th grade

17. What was your style? 
Ladybug dresses and flats

18. Favorite shoes? 
2 inch heels

19. Favorite thing to eat for lunch?
 Cheez whiz sandwich with the crust cut off and chips

20. Favorite band?
Beach Boys and Elvis (I know, it’s not a band)

21. High School?
Lyons Township High School.  9 and 10 grades were in Western Springs, IL, and 11 and 12 grades were in La Grange, IL
Total of 5,000 students.

22. Favorite hang out?
The Corral

23. Favorite thing to do?
1. Tennis
2.  Volleyball 
3.  Basketball

24. Favorite food?
Anyrhing my mom made, but, especially, vegetable soup and salmon croquettes 

25. Favorite tv program?
Ozzie and Harriet
Saturday Night at the Movies

And now for Mindy:
1. Did you marry your high school sweetheart? 
No. But we still keep in touch via social media. He’s a great guy.

2. What did you drive? 
Red Jeep Liberty

3. Where did you work?
Abercrombie & Fitch

4. Where did you live? 
Nashville 

5. Were you in a band?
No, I am not musically gifted 

6. Still talk to your best friend? 
Yes— me and my girlfriend group (the ones that live here) still get together regularly.

7. Ever get suspended? 
No- but plenty of demerits. Sometimes you wouldn’t even know you were in trouble but then walk past the office and see your name on the demerit list for something!

8. If you could, would you go back?
I loved high school but would not want to go back

9. Still talk to the person that you went to prom with?
We’re in touch via social media

10. Did you skip?
No

11. Go to all the football games?
Yes— I was a cheerleader! 🙂

12. Favorite subject?
Drama or German

13. Do you still have your yearbooks?
Yes!

14. Did you follow your "original career plan”? 
Heck no. I definitely thought I’d be either in a more creative field or a lawyer ...yet here I am in Healthcare IT of all things (and I’m terrible at math/science!)

15. Do you still have your senior ring? 
Yes and recently wore it at our reunion

16. Favorite teacher? 
Mrs. Stamps— she was tough but she liked me and I totally understood her methods

17. What was your style? 
Uniforms at school. Sundresses/skirts otherwise (still pick dresses/skirts over pants/jeans)

18. Favorite shoes? 
Saddle oxfords at school

19. Favorite thing to eat for lunch?
Don’t really remember much about my high school lunches— which is weird because I’m OBSESSED with my food!

20. Favorite band?
Nsync, Backstreet Boys

21. High School?
St. Cecilia academy

22. Favorite hang out?
Mostly people’s houses (usually whoever had the most lenient/absent parents 😂). We also went to eat Mexican food a lot.

23. Favorite thing to do?
Cheering at football/basketball games, forensics, laying out at the pool with my friends

24. Favorite food?
Peas, Lima beans, mom’s chicken pot pie, and mom’s spaghetti sauce (those are still all favorites!)

25. Favorite tv program?
Friends, The Bachelor (still watch this!), MTV’s The Challenge (still watch this!)

I just love these quizzes. It gives me an insight to family and friends. What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.