Wednesday, December 18, 2019

What I Buy Wednesdays!

This week, I'm going to have to call it "What I DIDN'T Buy Wednesdays."

Don't get me wrong. I managed to pick up a few Christmas presents in New York. But I can't show them since that would ruin the surprise. Instead, I'm going to show you what I wanted to buy, but didn't.
OMGosh y'all! I saw these shoes in the window of Kate Spade. They were adorable! I had to go in. I thought they would look so cute with jeans. Not only would I like them for myself, I knew Stephanie would go wild over them. Unfortunately, they were $275.00. I've never spent that much money for a pair of shoes. It's a good thing Butch was with me, because if he wasn't, I would probably have splurged. But then again, maybe not. It's the end of the year, and I'm having a hard time living within my social security budget! Still, so cute! The salesperson said that these shoes were the number 1 seller for the store. 
The purse was equally as cute. You can only find this line in New York. I told Stephanie to start saving her money. If they still have them when we go in September, who knows whether we'll be able to resist! She and I used to wear the same size shoe. Too bad, we could have shared a pair!

Well that's my buyer report for the week. I am happy that ALL of my Christmas gifts have been bought and wrapped. I'm sort of fanatical about it since I love to enjoy the pretty packages under the tree. There's nothing sadder than a Christmas tree without gifts beneath it!!
Who's with me on that?

Speaking of trees, we have the best one we've ever had. I know we've thought that before,  but it's really true this time. You be the judge.
Butch got the tree from Lowes. We'd always heard that the trees from the "big box" stores were cut months in advance. Well, this tree hardly dropped any needles when we got it in the house. In fact, last year, we bought our tree through our church where people actually went to North Carolina to purchase fresh cut trees. Well, there was no way that tree was very fresh. At least not compared to this one. Our best yet---for sure.

 Not a single limb is drooping!
 AND it still smells wonderful.
 My artificial flocked tree in the living room looks pretty good too.

Some people can't have presents under their tree.
Stephanie and Nicky have this little varmint just waiting for someone to put a present under the tree. (I learned something new---I thought it was varmit. I never knew there was an "n" in it). We were over there a couple weeks ago to watch a movie. Rio stayed in that spot for at least an hour. 

Connie didn't even put up a tree this year because she was pretty sure that Dash would pull it down! So there's that. I'll admit the tree is a lot of work, but we're not quite ready to give it up.

You know,  I got to thinking about trees. I never realized that I apparently collect trees! I have many different types around the house. 
 On the mantle, I have Murano glass trees. You have to look close. They are in front of the clock.
 The sun was shining in while I tried to take the pictures.
 And a few more on the coffee table. They are all different shapes--clear glass with gold flecks.
Surely you remember these---the antique trees I bought in Austria! I love them so much. Then, my friend, Linda gave me the little Dept. 56 one as a gift this year. It fits in perfectly on the window sill.

At Vintage Market days a couple weeks ago, I saw this and loved it.
 That would be a good craft project for next year.
 I have a lot of bottle brush trees lest from this year's snow globe project. I have plenty of vintage wooden spools of thread. We'll make some of these for sure!

And then I saw this on one of the book Facebook group I follow. I love it, but I think it would be a lot of work. Plus, I don't know if I have enough green books to pull it off!


So, yeah, I like Christmas trees. And, I have a lot of collections. Some I didn't even realizing I was collecting. What about you? Any fun collections?



4 comments:

  1. I like the tree of books idea, what a great use for Christmas wrapping paper to make covers. I'd have to go that route, because it would bug me to pull all green books out of our shelves after it took us so long to organize them. And I can't imagine we have that many that are green.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS Next year I'll be looking for those shoes at the Kate Spade outlet - kewt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tree looks lovely and I hope it continues to bring you pleasure and enjoyment :). I am intrigued by the books one, though I don't think I could cope with the rearranging afterwards! (And 'varmit' without the 'n' is perfectly correct too).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rosie 'rearranged' the decorations on the lower branches of my tree so it is now very much top heavy and the bottom rows are bare - so no way can I risk putting presents underneath until the very last minute (or until I know they won't be visiting again until after Christmas!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.