Thursday, October 3, 2019

Titan on Thursday

I mentioned in a previous post that I told Sandy she could bring Titan this past weekend. Well, he fit right in!
Of course, he explored, but didn't wander too far. He likes to be around people. So, since we mostly were sitting around talking, he stayed right with us. As you can tell, we bored him to sleep---often!
 See that magazine rack on the floor next to Elizabeth? Titan kept sniffing around and was really interested in something there. I told Elizabeth to take the books out---"maybe there's a dead mouse." I don't know why I thought that---of course if there was a dead rodent, it would smell. Elizabeth didn't want to do it. But after I called her a "baby" she did. Before we knew what happened, Titan gobbled up something. Apparently someone sitting in that chair must have dropped some food in the rack. Who knows when that happened---could have been Christmas. That chair doesn't get used unless the whole family is here. I was just happy that Titan took care of it for me.

Sandy was worried about my needlepoint, so she put that up. I wasn't worried because Titan did not seem interested in anything. Still, better safe than sorry. He's 3 now, so I guess he's past the chewing stage.
Titan really had a good time outside. He hates going for walks, so he doesn't get out much. I was worried he might run away. But, he just exposed all around. Mitchell put him in the pool and "taught" him to swim. Yeah, right. Anyway, Titan didn't like it. The water was cold. He got out, shook off and continued exploring. A little later, Mitchell tried it again. He still didn't want any part of the pool.

Usually, little dogs are supposed to be barkers. Titan is not. He did an occasional bark here or there but really was well-behaved. But, he did bark some on Saturday morning. We were sitting in the family room talking when we heard him barking. Sandy went and got him. He was barking at Butch who was still sleeping. Sandy closed the door. That didn't stop Titan. He went around to the sunroom and got in to the bedroom that way. He started barking at Butch again. I guess he was saying "why are you still sleeping? The rest of the family is having fun without you! Get up! You're missing it!"
At least that's what I want to think!

Titan has been a perfect houseguest. He's welcome any time!

Side note---and this is gross! As I'm writing this, I'm watching Kelly and Ryan. They just reported that men's beards have more germs than a dog's fur. Perhaps I've had it backwards all this time.  Maybe I should have allowed dogs but not men with beards in my house!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.