Saturday, October 12, 2019

A Little Something for Saturday

Well, we'll be leaving later today for our "Gems of the Danube" river cruise. This is the trip that we were supposed to go on a couple years ago when I broke my ankle two weeks before. Stephanie and Nicky are going with us. We'll have a great time----but---you know what that means---I won't be blogging for the next couple weeks. I always have good intentions, but by the time we finish for the day, I'm tired. Plus, my photos rarely cooperate when I'm traveling. I'm debating whether I'll even bother taking my computer. I can get along with my iPad for most things, but not everything. My iPad doesn't remember ALL of my passwords like my computer does. Invariably, if I don't take it, I'm going to need something. I'll have to think about it.

In the meantime, I'm going to leave you with a few things (and pre-written posts for a couple days).
 When I was in St. Louis for the wedding in September, Chris and I went to lunch at a Mexican restaurant. This picture, sculpture--not sure what to call it, work of art was on the wall.
It's a whole wall of little divers. Those tiles do look sort of like water. Actually, I would have like this for our pool tile!
 Mindy and Justin just got back from Disney. One of the things we love about Disney is their attention to detail. There are "hidden Mickey's" everywhere. At first, Mindy thought this was just a coincidence. But, when they returned to their room later, the "Mickey" was still there!
 Morgan went out to California last weekend to visit with Jordan. Jordan will be home for Thanksgiving. We haven't seen her since Christmas. She's just too far away! We miss her!
 I have never seen this sign before. I've seen "speed bumps" and "speed humps", but never "speed cushion." The bumps/humps in the road were those rubbery things rather than the normal concrete or asphalt. I'm not really sure why you need to know the difference. I guess "cushion" just lets you know you can go over them faster! You won't bottom out, but will bounce!
Diane, my British friend, who brought me the tea last week, surprised me with these this week. Along with tea, she knows I like gin. Gren, her husband, introduced me to Sipsmith's lemon gin when we were with them in Nottingham last year. This time he gave me this chocolate orange gin. I'll be trying it when we get back from our trip. He also brought me the mulled wine.
I'm not quite sure what to do with it, but the label says it's for those who like a little "tipple." I could guess what that means, but being obsessive, I had to look it up to be sure. So I got the first part right:
"drink alcohol"--but I question the second part: "especially habitually!" Hmmm, this makes me wonder what they think of me!! Actually, I'm the least drinker of just about everyone I know (except Connie)! I guess with all of these gifts, I need to step up my game!!

Okay, that's it for today. 

I am going to prepare a couple more posts to tide you over while I'm gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.