Monday, October 7, 2019

Mindy on Monday

Well, I didn't have any Mitchell stories this week, so decided to make this post about Mindy. She'll love that!

Justin's brother, Corey and his wife, Emily both work at Disney World. Mindy and Justin usually go down there once a year for a family gathering. This year, Emily asked Mindy if they might like to keep the kids---2 1/2 yr. old Leo and 6 mo. Salena while they were at work. Mindy agreed.

When Justin got home from work, he started freaking out! He had never been around babies. Mindy calmed him down by reminding him that from 10 years old she'd been dealing with her nieces. All through high school she worked at a day care. This would be a piece of cake for her. She was on top of it.

Mindy decided years ago that she would make sure that all of her nieces and one nephew (Mitchell) would grow up thinking she was the coolest aunt. And they did.

She had a plan for these "kiddos" too.

 Justin's job was going to be playing with Leo and tossing the ball around. I don't know if he actually did that or not.

 He took to Salena right away. I can just hear Leo, "come on Uncle Justin. You're supposed to take me outside!"
 I don't know what Justin was worried about. He and babies have a lot in common. They like to take naps!!

Mindy even planned a craft for them. I think this is adorable. They made two---one to send to Justin's parents in Maine.

All in all, it was a successful day! I'm not surprised, Mindy is a cool aunt! I think that automatically makes Justin a cool uncle! At least Justin isn't scared of little kids anymore!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.