Thursday, October 10, 2019

Five Things Thursday

1. Today is "the boy's" birthday. We're taking him to the club for dinner. 23. How did that happen?

2. Remember my email to the Coke Company? Well, they never responded to my last email, but about a week later, I got this letter in the mail.
I guess I got someone's attention after all. At least I feel like I might make a difference. Who knows. And the coupon is nice.

3. There's nothing like a gift for no reason!
 My friend, Diane from Nottingham brought me a little surprise.
I've never heard of this tea, but I am always fascinated by the age of things in England.
I tried the tea the next morning. It is much finer ground than most I have, so it was really strong. I'm working on getting the right proportion for my little 2 mug pot.
Stephanie made a comment once that "we sneeze more money than that." Odd expression, but I get it now. I'll definitely be sneezing some money! And then the name coaster: Unusual, optimistic and enthusiastic--that's me! Thanks, Diane!

4. Just in case you ever think I'm exaggerating about my monthly utility bills.
 Of course, this is after draining and refilling the pool and the sprinkler system running every day. AFTER this bill arrived, Butch discovered that our garden girl left the hose on for 4 days!! We'll see...
 5. On the other hand, I'm saving money on these Fresh Market family meals. $19.99 for chicken fajitas for 4 (barely enough for 3 with Mitchell's appetite!). 6 items: tortillas, 1.5 lbs. chicken, fresh vegetables, sour cream, fajita skillet sauce and corn salad! I wasn't home for dinner. Butch cooked. there were a good amount of leftovers. The next morning they were about gone! Somewhere around 11 p.m. (after we went to bed), Mitchell said he had a snack. I'm starting to get the proportions right on meals now. I have to just cook a meal for 4 and that about covers it. If I want leftovers, I better plan a meal for 6! When you buy the family meal deal, it's a savings of $7.00. Totally worth it as the food has been really good---well the two we've tried!!

1 comment:

  1. Betty's tea rooms are famous over here, I think the main one is in Harrogate but anything from Betty's is supposed to be delicious so how lucky to receive a pack of tea.
    That water bill is crazy - how on earth could the garden worker leave a hose on for 4 days non stop?!!! That is such a big bill to pay, I bet you'll be checking all the taps are turned off from now on.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.