Wednesday, August 21, 2019

What I Buy Wednesdays

As you know, I mostly stay out of the stores. Well, except for the grocery store---which I have been frequenting way too much lately!!

Last week, I went to Atlanta to get Elizabeth to and from Blessed Trinity High School while her parents took Victoria off to college.

All went smoothly until I returned home after dropping E off. I had no idea that Titan would dart out of the house! Of course, there was no way I was going to be able to catch him. I could get him to come to me, but as soon as I made any move, he darted off again. I got the bright idea of leaving the door open and disappearing inside. I was certain he would come look for me. I hid in the kitchen for a couple minutes or so and he never came. Then I worried that he could really be gone. I went back outside and called for him. He came around the side of the house and kept doing the darting thing whenever I moved towards him. I think he thought we were playing and wanted me to chase him. Uh,  no---not in 95 degree heat!!

My last idea---I really was out of ideas. I have no idea what I would do if this didn't work. I went back inside and got a doggie treat. I held it out for Titan and he came to me. Before he could get it, I quickly threw it inside the house. He ran back in!! I was really quite impressed with myself for that move!

He and I hung out for a couple hours while I read. Around noon, I decided to go out for lunch. That's when I saw Stein Mart. I love that store. I hardly ever go, but I do love it. We have one about 2 miles from our house. It's been over a year since I've been. I stay out of the stores as much as possible. I'm too much of an impulse shopper. And I did a little of that this time.

I'm telling you, I don't know if Stein Mart always has this good of sales, or I just happen to luck out annually when I go.
 They have the best selection of costume jewelry at really good prices. I'm going to have to rely on Stein Mart since my favorite---Charming Charley's is closing. That was a sad day when I heard that. I loved that store for everything accessory.
You can never have too many knit shirts. Plus, after several washings, they are not quite crisp anymore. These were all marked down half price and then another 25% off. I got them for about $7.00 each. I couldn't resist the polka dot jacket either. That was $14.00.

I also got 2 white hand towels and 2 white with little embroidered flowers---I forgot to take a picture of them.

Now that's what I call successful shopping!!

Heading to St. Louis tomorrow. As always, I have a full schedule. No shopping involved. At least that I know of!

1 comment:

  1. So busy and so many bargains. I don't envy the heat, I am not a lover of heat. I like to be warm but not hot. We went to Atlanta in 1999. Mr M went up Stone Mountain. I took one look at the cable cars dangling from thin threads and I stayed firmly on the ground and worried about him until he came back

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.