Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Travel Tuesday

I had planned to tell about my trip to St. Louis over the weekend, but I've decided to talk about Butch's trip to Seattle instead. Mostly because I can't believe he did what he did!! Inspiring for sure!

He left Monday morning for a board meeting. He planned an extra day so he could do some geo-caching. He's on a mission with his geo-caching to try to find the oldest cache in each state. Little did he know what a challenge it would turn out to be. He had to hike uphill for a couple miles. The first route he took turned out to be wrong as he missed the trail he was supposed to be on. He persevered and finally found it. Then, there was another he wanted, but wasn't sure he had the stamina to go for it. He did! He said that when he got back to the car, he took some ibuprofen since his legs were already hurting.

When it was all said and done, he walked more than 29,000 steps---his personal record. Since it was uphill, he logged 294 flights of stairs and burned 5,000 calories! I forgot to ask him how many miles, but it's got to be close to 6 miles.

Now that's what I call dedication!!! He has another difficult one to go for today. He's going to wait and see how his legs feel. His meetings start in the afternoon, so playtime will be over!!

After hearing this I decided that no more laziness on my part!! I NEED to get back on the treadmill! And I did---first thing this morning. It's just so darn boring!! NO MORE EXCUSES! If Butch can be so driven, then I really need to up my game too!!

I didn't have a picture of him from today, but here he is after hiking to Machu Pichu in Peru.

He just sent me this picture and a few others.







1 comment:

  1. That is so impressive - well done Butch! Now you have to find a less boring way of getting your step numbers higher - maybe you need to get a dog to walk? ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.