Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Tuesday Thoughts about...

Carrying cash!

While I was in Atlanta, Sandy, Greg and I had a conversation about the fact that Mitchell will have to pay ATM fees to get cash if his bank is not in Nashville. I told them that I would give him cash and then he could just Venmo me. After all, I go to the bank once a month and get $1000 in cash! 

When I got home, it went like this

Me: “Mitchell, if you need any cash, I can give it to you and you can Venmo me so you don’t have to pay ATM fees.”

He: “I don’t pay any fees.”

Me: “Well if you get cash from an ATM other than your own bank you do.”

He: “I don’t carry cash.”

Me: “Oh my gosh!! How can you not have any cash in your pocket? What if you need tip money?”

He: “I just write it in on the credit receipt.”

Me: “Well, what about valet parking?”

He: “Grammy, when do I ever valet park?”


End of conversation. I forget that young people don’t deal with cash!! Another way my age is showing. I break out in a cold sweat if I have less than a hundred bucks in my wallet!!

I know it's a generational thing, but I can't get over it. I just have to have money. Who's with me on this? 

1 comment:

  1. I probably only ever have about £10 in my purse - afraid to say that I am one of those who rarely uses cash nowadays. Since credit and debit cards got that chip in them that means you only have to hold it over a card reader and not tap in PIN numbers it's just too easy to do that rather than fumble around in your purse trying to find the right amount of notes and coins. Does this mean I am officially a 'youngster'? ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.