Wednesday, March 28, 2018

What I Buy Wednesdays

 
We had planned to have our AV guy install a video doorbell. I'm all about anything you can operate from your phone. But the cost was going to be more than we wanted to spend. It's the same brand but you can get it pretty cheap on Amazon. When I asked about it, Wade said that he's found that the battery operated ones are a pain to deal with. He prefers the "hardwired" one---which is still the Ring, but more expensive and labor intensive to install. Butch decided we'd opt for the cheaper one and install it himself and just see what happens. He figures the battery can't wear out that often. Connie told me that Jack did theirs, so she was pretty sure Butch could handle it. We'll see...there is already a minor problem...so technically, I bought it, but it was for him.
I bought myself some new pj's and gowns. Idiot that I am, I didn't realize I'd picked the same design in two styles. Still, you can't beat Chadwicks of Boston's prices.
I also bought this white linen blazer. I think it will look cute with jeans (and my white keds)---if I can get all of those wrinkles out! That's the downside to Chadwicks---there stuff can be really wrinkled. I considered getting out the iron---but then just laughed. Who am I kidding? I haven't ironed in 20 years! I whirled the jacket in the dryer. It didn't really work. I hung it up. I think I'll go with---"hey, it's linen---it's supposed to be wrinkled!"---and leave it at that.
I had time to kill after my treatment on Wednesday and before, meeting Connie for lunch and a movie. So, I had to stop by Pier One---my favorite place for seasonal decorations. I picked up the bunny wine glass to add to my collection. On Friday night, Nicky poured me a glass of wine. Steph was all over him because she wanted it. She thought he had taken it for himself! Come on Steph!

That's what I bought this week. What about you?

Hey, now that I think about it---if you found a really cool bargain, send me a picture and I'll focus your buy here!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that reminds me that we still haven't installed the video doorbell we got as a Christmas gift! It was a total surprise & I'm not sure I want to mess with it ... but we should do something with it, right! :)

    The only things I bought last week were items for the 90 kits I put together for the event I taught at last weekend. (Washi tape, mini chocolates, stencils, etc)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.