Monday, March 26, 2018

Monday Mystery!

Well, I definitely have a real mystery today. It's funny how people remember things so differently. Here's the story.

A few days ago, Butch said, "Barb, why are you putting the silverware in the dishwasher wrong?" I asked what he was talking about. He said that I was putting the forks face up rather than "down" like we always have. I said, "We have always put the forks upwards so the tines don't get stuck in the basket!" We argued about it. One of us is clearly wrong. He's usually right, but I am seldom wrong.

A mystery for sure.

So, at happy hour on Friday night, Butch asked the girls. Both of them agreed with him right away. Then Stephanie said that now she thought about it, she thought I was right. Nicky, who shouldn't even have a dog in this fight said, "Steph, think about what you do? You wouldn't do it that way if you hadn't learned it from your mom!" Point taken. (Thanks Nicky.) Steph waffled back to her first position---her dad's side.

Mindy probably never loaded the dishwasher---being the baby and all, so her vote barely counted---although she brought up two good points: 1. If you put the forks face up, that would require you getting all "gunky" when putting them in, and 2. When you put the clean ones away, you would be putting your fingers all over the tines. I replied that when I handle the silverware, I do not touch the tines either before or after. Later when loading the dishwasher, I showed how I put them in without getting food all over myself. Pretty simple, really.
Everything else goes down. This looks totally correct to me.

I guess it's another mystery that will never be solved! Unless---Sandy decides to weigh in. Whatever she says, her dad will go along with! After all, she's the favorite!

2 comments:

  1. I'm a prongs up kind of girl! It would never cross my mind to put them facing downwards, and I agree that it is very easy to take them out without touching the tips. I'm on team Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are prongs up as well, because our current dishwasher has a divided top for the flatware basket and items will only fit in handle first. It actually works to keep everything separated, so every bit of flatware comes clean. I am probably the only one in my house that actually washes my hands before unloading the dishwasher (and I seem to be the only one who does unload it, now that I think about it). So while I try to avoid the tines, I don't fret about it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.