Sunday, May 28, 2017

A Few Things

Well, we're home again. We did just about everything there was to do in Utah. I guess it should tell you something that I finished one book and read two others this week!  That brings me to a total of 28 so far this year.
 I have never seen an 80 MPH speed limit. It sure made the drive go faster! I guess the roads in Utah are less traveled.
We were really happy to see recycle bins everywhere. Florida needs to take a page out of Utah's book! We think it's a crime that they do not recycling on the beaches. In fact, you have to drive to a recycle center yourself. They certainly don't make it easy.
Our University of Tennessee graduate! She'll start on her masters in August. We'll be glad to have her closer to home.
And while we were at that boring graduation, Mindy and Justin were at Steeplechase. They had gorgeous weather this year, but missed Stephanie, Nicky and Butch.
I helped my friend, Madelyn decorate her mother's nursing home room. She's moving down here from Pittsburgh. We wanted to make it really homey for her. I made this cheery wreath for her front door. I'll have to take pictures of the room when I visit this week.
 Mary Queen of Angels has so many activities. I'm sure "Maut" will fit right in. She already went to a "meet and greet." I'd love to join their book club. In fact, I love everything on the schedule. I wonder how old you have to be to move in!
 I just discovered this bread. It is really good---and stays fresh for a long time.
 Venetian, where I get my nails done has a shortage of parking. Now it's going to be less! There is construction all over this city.
This is Mitchell's new car. The insurance company totaled his Jeep when he was involved in a fender  bender. Really! It's crazy what it costs to repair cars these days--that the insurance company gives you something, but not nearly enough to replace what you had!

It felt so good to sleep in my own bed last night. It's always good to get home after a trip. Now we're taking it easy for the rest of the weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.