Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Let the Holidays Begin!!

post signatureWe leave today for Charlotte and Thanksgiving with the Lapps family. We're all so excited!! We have quite a few fun things planned.

Tomorrow we'll do our regular pre-Thanksgiving shopping. We don't do the "black Friday" thing anymore. I have to admit, I did enjoy that "back in the day." 5 a.m. never scared me---I was right there. But not any more. There's really not a thing that I need that badly to fight the crazy crowds. Instead, we'll head out tomorrow and go to Hobby Lobby---I need that wrapping paper---they have the best---very thick, tons on the roll and half price (I know, they mark it up so they can mark it down---that's what everyone's doing these days). We go to Pier 1 and Steinmart. After that, it's wherever anyone else wants to go. I'm not sure how I'll keep up, but I always have my book with me, so I'm good to read while waiting.

I have a special treat planned for lunch---high tea at the Ballantine Hotel. This is to make up for the fact that the special day I had planned for Elizabeth didn't happen when she was here due to my incapacitated state!! We'll make up for it---and it's HIGH tea!! I'm really excited about that.

When we get home, we'll start prepping for Thanksgiving. It goes pretty fast with so many people helping. It's all fun when we're together!!

Stephanie even cooked! Gasp!! Her treats look really good.
I'll get back to you on that!!

On Friday, we'll do a movie and lunch somewhere. Family games are always in the mix. And lots of football for the guys. All fun, all good!

Safe travels to everyone out there!

3 comments:

  1. I hope you had a splendid holiday. And thanks for the reminder that I need to get on my cereal snack mix - there are two college girls that will need some for finals soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.