I thought I would share a few of my favorite websites with you.
1. I just found this one while looking for a photographer for Mindy's wedding.
Thumbtack is really unique. Think of it as a bulletin board that you've "thumbtacked" a bunch of business cards! Whatever you need---painter, landscaper, help with technology, interior designer, tutor, or in my case photographer---you put in that information. Then you will fill out a brief questionnaire that includes your zipcode and how much YOU want to pay. Then you just wait for offers to come in via email. I put in a rather low bid for a photographer and got 2 bids. Both show excellent work, but I chose the one that had 22---5 star reviews. It was also the less expensive of the two bids. The other looked equally as good, but only had 3---5 star reviews. The whole process was very easy. In fact, I'm trying to think of something else I need just so I can use it again! Connie, find us a window washer!
2. Next up is Etsy. Most of you have probably heard of Easy but I'm posting this for those of you that don't know about it. Basically, it's a marketplace for individuals to sell things. Most of the items for sale are handmade things. But you can find other things there too. Just put whatever you are looking for in the search box and see what pops up. That's how I found my scrabble tiles for my newly remodeled rec room.
3. I always talk about the nearly 200 blogs I follow. There's no way I could list them all, but here are a few of my favorites:
For scrapbooking, storytelling and clever titles:
From High in the Sky
For great recipes and weekly menu plans:
Six Sisters Stuff
For great home interiors and decorating ideas:
Between Naps on the Porch
For a good lifestyle blog on fashion, home decor, recipes and fun---these sisters are out of Springfield, MO---although Elsie has just moved to Nashville:
A Beautiful Mess
For a little of everything---and just because the blog itself is beautiful---you wouldn't expect anything less from this designer:
Susan Branch (I have no idea why this one comes up blue)
4. I could never follow over 200 blogs without a blog reader. I recommend it for anyone---even if you only follow a few. The best thing about Bloglovin' is that it lists all of the blogs you follow that have a new post. That way, you do not have to go to each individual blog to see if there is a new post. It doesn't cost anything---you just need to sign up. If you are on Facebook, you can sign in that way. Then you just put the blogs you follow in the search box and you can add them to your feed.
5. This list would not be complete without Ted Talks. You can find talks from 10-30 minutes on just about any topic under the sun! I like to listen to them while on the treadmill.
So there you go---great places to while away your time (as if you needed more ways!). You might notice that I did not list Facebook. As far as I'm concerned, Facebook is a huge time waster! There's a lot of crap on there. Don't get me wrong---I do check it out a few times a week, but I don't love it. I like family pictures and clever comments, but for the most part, it's just a whole lot of crap. In fact, I prefer to refer to it as Facebook!
If you have any questions, or need any help just let me know.
By the time you are reading this post, I will be off again. Butch and I are meeting Walter and Chris in Oregon for 9 days. We've never been there. Butch has spent hours finding out the best things to do and see. I'm really looking forward to having "high tea" since I didn't have it in London!!
Have a great week!!