Thursday, December 5, 2013

Things Lost and Found

I just hate it when I lose stuff! I consider myself so organized---everything has a place. Still, I manage to misplace stuff ALL the time. I really don't get it. I think my brain is just over-crowded. 

#1. Mindy asked me if I had an extra Christmas tree skirt she could have. I actually have two extra. Stephanie mentioned that she needed one too. Soooo, I went to get them and could only find one. I asked Steph if I'd already given it to her last year. She said, "no." I searched the Christmas closet. Lo and behold, when I was defrosting the freezer, I found it in the "mud room" already bagged up for her and ready to go.
I don't know how to sew and yet, I made this in the 80's. I took a class. I was a quilter then too, but I did everything by hand. I decided to tie all the bows again. When I went to give it to Stephanie, most had already come undone. Satin ribbon is slick. I told her she better make it a family heirloom! Mystery #1 solved.

#2. Prior to Thanksgiving, I cleaned out the china cabinet drawers and the buffet drawers in the dining room. I had a drawer full of plate stands. I decided they were taking up too much room, so I put them all in a shopping bag---I have/had at least a dozen. For the life of me, I cannot find that bag! I've looked everywhere. Mystery #2 unsolved.

#3. Now this looks innocent enough---a simple box of salt.
Here's the story. While shopping for Thanksgiving, I bought salt. The next day, when I was looking for it, I couldn't find it. I didn't remember putting it away, nor was it in the "salt" spot in my cabinet. I checked my Kroger receipt and found that I had been charged for it. I had to go back to the store for a few last minute items, but I went to a different Kroger---closer to home. I brought the receipt and picked up a new box. I explained that somehow, the salt did not make it home with me. Not a problem, I went home with this box. 

Sunday, when I was wrapping gifts, I found the salt in a bag that contained a few gift items I  had picked up at the store. Shoot! Now I have to take this salt back and explain the whole thing all over again! Mystery #3 solved.

#4. These lost items "take the cake!" Last Christmas, I couldn't find a couple of gifts. I was so aggravated because they weren't cheap!! I thought I had somehow thrown them away. I am happy to say, that I found them this year! They were right where they were supposed to be in the gift closet. But---they were inside a box of ornaments. If I hadn't decided to clean out that closet, no telling how long they would have been missing! Mystery #4 solved. 

#5. I don't really have a fifth mystery---unless you count this little guy:
This one still just baffles us. Mystery #5 remains unsolved!

I should have saved this post for "5 Things Thursday!" Don't worry, I'm sure I'll have something else by then!

Do you lose things?

8 comments:

  1. This made me smile, thankfully I am not alone!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure there will be plenty of nods of recognition among those of us reading along! That last picture is intriguing ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post made me smile as I, too, am very organized and rarely lose things, so I can just imagine the frustration. The salt in with the gifts is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do sometimes lose things and I get so annoyed with myself when it happens.

    our best Christmas "lost" story is the bag of presents my Mum found in the bottom of her wardrobe, some time in March, when we were little. She had to tell us Santa had been having a workshop clearout and had made a special trip back because he thought we would like them

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've done that with food things before! It's amazing how i can put something down and two minutes later it has wandered off! You made me smile today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been losing more than usual - put it down to stress. That salt story made me smile - things do wander on occasion don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had to smile too...we're all the same! I took something back to the shop once for a refund and then a while later found the item i had returned - I had taken back an empty box!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. All the time! my latest lost is my favourite pair of glasses.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.