Tuesday, May 15, 2012

TV Reviews and Update

I started this post awhile back and never finished it. I'm going to put my updated comments in red.


Is anyone watching the new series, "Once Upon a Time"? It's by the makers of LOST. The show goes back and forth in time from Fairytale land to Storybook, MA. All of the fairytale characters are there, but they don't know who they are. It's really interesting. I love shows that go back and forth in time.

Here's what I found most interesting this week. There were actually 8 dwarfs. The 8th one was named "Stealthy." He was killed by one of the king's arrows. Since I've never actually read Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, I don't really know their backstory. I'm still loving the show, but Butch gave up on it. He felt like they keep adding too many mysteries without solving anything. That exactly how LOST was and he gave up on that too.

I'm watching "The Bachelor" even if it's sleazy. It gives my friends and I something to talk (and laugh) about. How desperate these girls act. Next week, one of them goes "skinny dipping" with the bachelor. Mom always said it, "they won't buy the cow if they get the milk for free." She's going to be toast---count on it---and it's my girl in the "pool"---there's like $90. riding on it. OMG! Was I wrong with my prediction. This is actually the girl he chose in the end! Unbelievable. I think they are already broken up. I always say I'm done with this show---it's so trashy, but the new Bachelorette starts Monday. I'm going to watch it.

I'm definitely still a "Gleek". "Glee" got off to a rocky start this year, but it has really been good for the last couple of months. It's going to be interesting to see what happens when so many of the cast leave after this season. I think this week is the season finale. I can't figure out how they are going to do the show with all the main characters leaving. Maybe they think that we Gleeks will be loyal with an entirely new cast. Sad to say, as much as I would hate it, I really am in it for the song and dance anyway, not the story lines.

As for good, wholesome family shows, I think there is only one on the air. "The Middle" is about a middle class family that lives in Indiana. The family interactions are so true to life. The kids are pretty nerdy, the house is a mess, the wife doesn't cook much, the kids fight and make fun of each other---it's just downright hysterical. Still loving this show.

I'm really liking the drama, "The Good Wife." I don't like her husband at all. He seems so slimy. I can't figure out if he's supposed to be a good guy or a bad guy.  I love Eli Gold and Calinda. Still love this show too. But there are too many shows on during that tie slot. Luckily I have On Demand. I'm a little worried because they have not updated the Good Wife episodes and I've missed one.


"Harry's Law" is another show I really like. Kathy Bates is perfect for the part. I love that their story lines are so unusual and some are taken straight from the headlines. I think this show is so cleverly written. I don't think I'll get tired of it any time soon.


"Touch" is about an autistic kid and his dad, played by Kiefer Sutherland. Each week, the kid dwells on a particular number to the point of obsession until his father figures out how that number plays into his life and affects others. It's really a great show---sort of like the butterfly effect. Still enjoying this show. At first it seemed confusing. You just have to sit back and see how it all comes together in the end. Really fun.

"Awake" another new show. The main character has lost his wife and/or son in an auto accident. But they aren't really dead to him. Every other day, he wakes up to one of them. It's another smartly written show. I really like how both lives end up intertwining. Another show I am still enjoying. My prediction is that his wife and son are both dead.

Now for the soaps. I'm hooked on "Grey's Anatomy" and "Private Practice." I've always loved shows with beautiful people. Patrick Dempsey---Kate Walsh---need I say more? As  for "Grey's"---they have all passed their boards (except for one) and are looking at job offers. Who will stay and who will go? I have a feeling there is going to be a major shake-up here---and maybe a spin-off or two. "Private Practice"  is setting up to have the normal conflict when you try to adopt. I think the adoptive mother will come back in to the picture to cause drama for several episodes. Still, I love it.

When I think about anyone alive or dead who I would like to have dinner with, I would choose "Ellen"---hands down. She is just so funny. The stuff she comes up with is just plain genius! Nothing has changed. I love this girl!

"Last Man Standing" is pretty funny. I like that Tim Allen has 3 daughters---we can relate. But, I have to admit, it's his same show except with girls this time instead of the 3 sons. The daughters are really a fun bunch. They put their dad through the same sorts of things our girls do.

Do you think I watch too much tv? Then you don't know me very well. While I'm watching, I'm ALSO, stitching, preparing for classes, messing around on my computer, wrapping presents, peeling potatoes and various other things. I hate to waste time. If I can do 2 things at once, I do!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.