Friday, May 18, 2012

Clean out your car day Friday

This is mainly for Mindy, but for anyone else that needs help in this area, check out the Fly Lady's recommendations here:
Clean out the car Friday

I've mentioned the wildlife in our backyard before---it's like Snow White's meadow---birds chirping and animals frolicking. We've seen, rabbits (lots of them), squirrels (we have tons), birds of every variety including owls, gold finches, chickadees, bluebirds, humming birds, assorted wood peckers and the renowned blue heron (you can read that post here: You Can't Make This Stuff Up! We think he was back this year for another snack from out pond.) We've had mice, moles, voles, chipmunks, lizards, frogs, skunks, opossums, woodchucks and raccoons (one of which strolled across the patio last December on the day of Mindy's birthday party). There have been coyotes, deer, foxes (a red-tailed one when my cousins Chrissy and Judy were visiting) and our regular family of turkeys. We haven't seen the turkeys this year, so I don't know if they are gone or not. But, a couple nights ago, Butch and I were sitting on the front porch when a fox came through the yard. The only reason I'm mentioning it is because it's been quite a few years since we've seen one. Then yesterday morning on my way to Curves, I saw another one. I'm beginning to think they may be over-populated. What eats foxes? That's what will come along next. Perhaps wolves?

There was another pretty "cool" animal in the neighborhood a couple years ago that everyone was up in arms about. They were afraid for their pets. I'll have to ask Butch to refresh my memory as to what that was.

Personally, for a person that doesn't really like animals, I have to say, I love all the wildlife activity here---until they move in that is---like the opossum family a few years ago that lived under the house. Critter Ridder took care of them by re-locating them to the "country." Hopefully, my kitty cat friend next door will help keep some of the little annoying things away. But anytime the "big" things want to stroll through, that's okay with me. It's like going to the zoo without leaving home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.