Monday, May 7, 2012

A Crazy Dream and Some New Layouts

I had the craziest dream last night. It would be interesting to know what it means. Jeanne, Janet and I joined the navy to participate in the war. Is the navy even involved in the war? Anyway, it was more like a cruise. We would go all around the ship and check out the different buffets before deciding where we wanted to eat. Then, when we were at work, we sat around playing cards and reading magazines.

My interpretation:
1. We want to be considered heroes.
2. We only want it to appear that we are working without actually doing any.
3. We want unlimited access to food.

Perhaps I should be speaking for myself, but I think by saying "we," I'm "right on."

It was a fun weekend starting with happy hour on Friday. We were sitting on the front porch maybe 2 minutes when the guy across the street decided to trim his bushes, mow, weed eat and blow. He wasn't even finished and the neighbor next door's mower pulled up. We had double the noise. It really made us mad---trying to have a relaxing conversation---only to be interrupted by all that loudness. Sort of the story of my life. Just about every time I have people over to get in the pool, mowers show up. Sometimes they're mine.

Saturday, I worked in my scrapbook room for 4 hours---organizing, cleaning out, sorting out photos and getting ready for my class this week. I ran 3 loads of wash and made potato salad for our Sunday BBQ. We went to Mass and then to the Potter's for dinner and poker. I won $2.35. Butch was the big winner---$23.00.

Sunday was a relaxing day. I worked on a layout and came down just in time for lunch. Butch makes the best burgers. Mindy, Steph and friends were here for a pool afternoon. About the time they left, Morgan and Carson showed up with friends. They only stayed about an hour, so the house was quiet again by 4:30.

Today we're off to refrigerator shop again. We went last week, picked one out, and already abandoned it.

Butch did a little research on it and there were a lot of negative comments. I'm glad he did it. This should be the last refrigerator we ever buy. This is only our 3rd purchase in nearly 41 years. They seem to last 20 years. Of course I'll be getting white. I'm also hoping to buy American. Only Whirlpool and Kitchenaid are made in America. They better get good reviews or I won't.

And now for the layouts:
 These photos are from our family vacation last summer and our many games. I planned a week's worth of "Minute to Win it" along with all the other games we normally play. I was thrilled to get the teens interested in Scrabble. I brought mom's game. When I played with them, Mitchell quipped to his cousins, "You know we're playing for second place!" Cracked me up.
 I'm hooked on the hexagons. It's a real popular technique right now and this is my second layout using them. I borrowed Pam's Creative Memories punch. I used to have one, but I'm such a "get rid of stuff" person, that I gave it away. Either Jeanne or Janet probably has it.


 This layout about Jeanne really makes me laugh. She really rocked that mullet for quite a few years!

I posted this layout on the AYM blog to show the technique of those semi-squares. You can get the details here: Jackie.

Another busy week, but mostly fun stuff. Here's just a little something for your enjoyment:
Idina Menzel. Just love her and this song. The girl can sing!

Heaven Help My Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.