Wednesday, November 22, 2023

What I Buy Wednesday!

1. I actually bought this for a gift in London all the way back in September. The tin was so darn cute, I just had to take a picture.
The tin contained shortbread cookies. But when you turn the tin around...
...how darn cute is this? Whoever thought of it. Like a little surprise. And I didn't even know it until after I bought it!

2. This is my collection of teas.
And yes, with the exception of just a couple, I did buy these!

3. I did not buy these, but here's the story. When I was in England with my bookclub friends, my friend Pam was talking about buying a purse with the wide straps. I was saying that I'm not crazy about them as those straps remind me of camera straps. As it turns out, those purses are called "camera strap" purses. I called it without even knowing it! 

The next thing I knew, Kate Spade jumped on that band wagon.
I'm still not crazy about them, but I think it's a great idea that they decided to make straps that you can buy for your existing bags.
I do love Kate Spade, so if I was going to try this style, I'd go for this strap. But, I'm still thinking "no, not for me."

4. Last week, I went to Starbucks to get some of their new holiday cups for a craft project. I felt kind of funny just asking for them. So instead, I asked if I could purchase one of each design. The barista was very nice and said I could just have them. 
That made me very happy. Then she said, "Do you want a "red cup" too?" Of course I said yes! You'll just have to wait and see what I make. Actually, it's our holiday craft project, so we'll be making it on Thanksgiving afternoon---after we have dinner. Aren't they so pretty? I love the fun colors.

5. It's still fall, so I thought I'd share these pictures of a couple of sugar maples.
My brother, sisters and I bought this tree when my other brother, Ronnie passed away in 2018.
We wanted something that his little granddaughters could relate to---grandpa's tree. It's so pretty every year.

And that's everything I bought and didn't buy.

Happy Thanksgiving! Don't eat too much turkey.










1 comment:

  1. That is a fun tin! What a beautiful tree and what a lovely memorial for your brother.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.