Friday, November 17, 2023

Friday Frustration AND Friday Funnies!

The last night we were in Cancun, it started to rain. The water was gushing from the top of the sliding doors like a spigot. Butch called maintenance and they sent a guy. Butch was trying to explain to the guy what he needed to do. The guy didn't speak English--of course we were in Mexico After a bit, he left and returned later with another guy. Both kept looking puzzled and didn't seem to know what to do. 

I left as many of us were meeting for happy hour. Butch joined us a little later. He said that the guys were still working on it when he left. When we got back to our room after dinner, we had a huge mess. This is what we walked in to:
The guys opened the doors and wedged the patio table between them. Oh yeah, that stopped the "spigot" effect. Now the whole floor was flooded. Add to that---when the doors are open, the air conditioning goes off. So now it was wet, hot, humid and extremely muggy!!

Butch did a little rant and marched down to the front desk to tell them we wanted to move. He said "we" without consulting me! When he got back and told me, I said I wasn't moving! There was no way I was going to pack up at 10 p.m. He said he was going, I said "fine!" Then I called the front desk and order a dozen towels. They knew we were the room with the leak, so there were no questions. We got the towels pronto. 

By then, the rain had let up a little, so when Butch closed the doors, it was just a constant, lighter flow. I'm telling you, the guy can figure out anything. He ended up wedging a piece of cardboard up in the crack to divert the water. 
Then he checked to make sure that the water wasn't leaking anywhere else along the door. Voila' it was fixed---at least for the night. It rained hard during the night. Whenever I got up to use the bathroom, I checked the towels and they weren't sopping wet. 

When we woke up in the morning, there was about an inch of standing water outside the room door. Luckily we had extra towels and threw them down. 

The thing is, we were not the only people to have problems. It's obvious that they have to know the doors leak. I guess they don't worry about fixing it since the floors are all tile. It's not like carpeting was getting ruined or anything. 

I'm just glad it happened on the last day. What a mess!

And now, I have to leave you with some funnies:













No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.