Saturday, November 4, 2023

Oh! My! God!

You know me. You know I never say Oh! My! God! I don't even say omigod. I always say OMGosh! I never use God, but this warrants it. 

I have so many thinks. Here goes.

1. Taylor Swift. I've been lamenting for a year that I was not able to get concert tickets. But now, I'm glad I didn't!

2. This was the BEST concert I never went to! I spent the 21 bucks to see it at the movie theater. The BEST money I've ever spent! I say "spent" because this special production does not fall under the Regal Unlimited plan. So, I had to pay. I don't care.

3. This nearly 3-hour event was theatrical, magical, incredible and every "ul" you can think of. I felt like I was at a Broadway production with the costumes, dancers, choreography, sets, band, and backup singers. Amazing. The time zoomed by. Never once did I doze off--which happens pretty regularly if you make me be still in a dark theater. Not this time. (Or in the dentist's chair getting a crown--but that's another story). 

4. 13 costume changes--at least I think so. I lost count, but 13 is Taylor's favorite number. Some of the changes were adding something or taking something off.

5. 5 different guitars and two pianos.

6. Everything was sparkly and glittery. I'm a sparkly and glittery kind of gal.

7. Two guys came in before the show started. I did a double-take--thinking one of them was Justin! And wondering why Mindy wasn't with him. It wasn't him. Soon, they were joined by three other guys. There were two little girls with their moms. Something tells me they let them skip school for this. I'm actually on board with that decision. What a good memory for them.

8. I wish my BFF/cousin, Chrissy was there because she would have been dancing in her seat right along with me! There was no way to sit still in this high-energy, fun, extravagant show.

9. I'm officially a "Swiftie!" I've never considered that I have a label. But now I do. In fact, I'm adding "blockhead" to the list! Steph got us tickets for NKOTB next summer. Another one to look forward to.

10. TS did something towards the end that was unbelievable. I have no idea how she did it--sort of like magic. I'm not going to say anymore. Go see for yourself. Run, don't walk. Just go.

11. I liked her from the beginning of her career and have endured through the haters. She loves her fans and it shows on stage. She's so grateful and it seems genuine. 

12. Of course, she's made a kazillion dollars but is willing to share it. As a matter of fact, she has made the largest endowment that Nashville has ever seen for music education. Another reason I love her.

13. And then, there's this:
So there are 13 "thinks" for TS. Still, I have a few more that aren't related to her.

14. Turns out, this was a great way for me to start our vacation! As you read this, we're heading to Cancun for Morgan and Olly's wedding. I might or might not be blogging next week. We'll see how much time I have. That laying by the pool or on the beach takes a lot of time!

15. This is sad news, but I decided to add it to my "good vibes" post. It can't hurt! Our very good friend has just been diagnosed with leukemia. Please keep him in your prayers and send him good vibes too! I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.