Wednesday, November 15, 2023

What I Buy Wednesday

You've heard me say---many times---that Target is deadly for me! Well, here's one of those stories. 

I went to Target to buy a wedding card for the newlyweds. Just that one thing. But, on the way there, I said to myself, "Hmmm, I really need some Christmas wrapping paper." I had already been to Hobby Lobby twice---a couple weeks apart. I love HL's wrapping paper. Even though they had a lot of their Christmas stuff out, they hadn't put out the paper. 

Back to my Target story. I needed some wrapping paper. Really bad. I bought some Advent Calendar type things for the grands. I want to get them wrapped so I can send them off before Thanksgiving. So, I told myself, "Okay, in and out---just the wedding card and wrapping paper." You don't have to have much of an imagination to know what happened next. I picked up the card and headed back to the Christmas section. 

I was sailing along pretty well and not allowing myself to be tempted. Then I saw this. Are you kidding me!!! I stopped dead in my tracks, backed up and did a double-take. Seriously, "Fate, what are you doing to me. You knew exactly what would tempt me beyond control!"

This display!! OMGosh! Since when is Target carrying things from London?
This is one of my favorite stores. We've stopped in on our last two trips to London. This was their holiday display. I just had to purchase some Christmas gifts. 

Before it was all said and done, I came home with this:
Now that's a lot of Target bags! As you can see, I did get the wrapping paper...
Along with a lot of other stuff: ribbon, gift tags, two rolls of gift wrap from the dollar bin, and two sets of notecards from the dollar bin that will be used in my scrapbooking. I also got the table favors for Christmas dinner.

They had $1.00 off the Fevertree Tonic--my favorite--like I'm a real connoisseur of tonic! But, my sister, Janice told me about this years ago--saying it's the best. She even sent it to me since we couldn't get it here back then. She managed a liquor store, so she would know. Then, when we are in London, that's all they use with their gin & tonics. They absolutely would know the best. I always want the best!! And it comes in flavors---sometimes if you can find it.
I could not resist these red sparkly berries. You can't really tell here, but they are really pretty and sparkly. I like sparkly things!
And then, while I was getting the wrapping paper, I just had to have that cute scalloped tissue paper! 

What you aren't seeing are the Christmas gifts I bought. Quite a few to be exact. Some people are going to be surprised!!

So my mission was accomplished. I did get that card and the wrapping paper along with about 30 other things! 

Yep, Target is deadly for me!! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.