Monday, September 12, 2022

Where do I begin??

It was a whirlwind week. So much to discuss with so little time to do it. I just got home from scrapbooking yesterday and leave today for our family vacation to Africa! I guess I'm just going to have to do this fast.

1. Scrapbooking:
We've been going on scrapbook retreats for over 10 years now. Jeanne found this place for us last February and it has quickly become our new favorite--despite the iron in the water!
The place is in the country--deep in the country.
It's huge with plenty of room to spread out. We don't even use this bar except to put stuff on top of. 
You can't see it, but there is a HUGE table between the sofas and that massive island. On one side of the island, we put all of our tools and shareables. We each have about 5 feet of table space. There is a big fireplace with a hearth that goes around the room. That where we set up the Cricuts and printer. 

2. The Queen! OMGosh! I was so sad--even cried while I was on the phone with Butch. He's so patient with me--and consoling. The place we stay has no local news--only streaming services. I was dying that I was missing the coverage. Butch dvr'd much of it for me. That made me happy. I spent most of the day watching.

3. My friend, Diane from Nottingham, "What's App"ed me to let me know how she was feeling and offering condolences to me! She knows how much I love the royal family! The passing felt personal to me! She went to her church to light a candle and sent me these photos:

4. My response to her pictures was one of my own.

I had completed this layout just prior to hearing the news. 

5. Then when I got home yesterday, there was a surprise for me. I thought it was something I ordered from Amazon.

Instead, it was a thank you gift from a friend. She has replenished my tea from Fortnum and Mason in London. I was running so low that I wouldn't let Butch use it. Of course, I'll be properly re-stocking my supply when we go in 2023. 

Okay, that's it. Off to Africa. I'm making no guarantees, but hope to get a post or two out. My pictures don't always cooperate in my posts when I'm traveling internationally. We'll see.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.