Tuesday, September 13, 2022

A Quick One

Arrived Heathrow this morning. It took an hour and a half to get through security! I have exactly a half hour before we board our next flight.

Thought I'd take a minute to tell you about some new technology that we encountered at the Nashville airport. It's an Amazon store.
You walk in the store with your credit card in hand. You don't have to scan it or present it. Stephanie and I tested it out. We walked in together using her credit card and then separated.
See all of those little things hanging down? They are some sort of monitors. It tracks you as you move around. 
When you walk out, it knows what you bought. You don't have to present your credit card. You do have an option to get a receipt if you want one. 

There are only 4 of these in the United States and we have one! I'm telling you, Nashville is "big time!"

So, we left the house at 9:30 a.m. on Monday. I say that because I have no idea what day it is in the US. We just arrived in London at 7:15 a.m. on Tuesday. We'll get on our next plane at 10:00 a.m. and head to Nairobi. We arrive there some time tonight--I think around 9 p.m. I think we should be at the hotel by 11-ish! 

This is way too much math for my little brain to figure out. I have no idea how long we'll have been traveling. All I know is that we left Monday morning and arrive Tuesday night. That's a long way! It better be worth it!!

Oh, and there's this:



The queen arrives back in London today. I have half a notion to just stay here and file through to pay my respects. I'm still sad! 

Until the next time...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.