Monday, February 12, 2018

Mystery Monday

A couple weeks ago, Stephanie, Mindy and I went to see "iTonya"---oops (too many Apple products)---"I Tonya." I couldn't believe all of the extra charges on the receipt. Connie and I went to see "Winchester" on Tuesday. I have no idea what a VIP upcharge is--we certainly were not treated in any sort of special way. This was at the AMC theater in Cool Springs. There are several reasons I'm not going back.

1. They cost more than the Regal theaters---the tickets at Regal are 9.50---period---no extra charges.
2. You have to get your own butter for the popcorn which means you can't get it in the middle. Your only choice is to completely soak the top and hope it seeps down, or put the regular amount and then the middle and bottom are completely dry. I hate that.
3. It's nearly impossible to figure out what row you are on. Two other ladies came in and were searching. We told them to just pick two seats since there was no one in the theater. After sitting down, one of them was so bothered that she came back out and kept trying to figure it out. After a  search she told us that the letter was on the carpet. Somehow, Connie and I had managed to end up in the correct seats---not that it mattered. Those other 2 ladies and us were the only ones in the theater.
4. Although I can use my Movie Pass---the AMC in Cool Springs will not give me the reward points. The AMC in Bellevue does so I don't understand why it's not a clear policy for all AMC's. Plus, they are getting paid for the movie, so I don't understand why they wouldn't give the points. If anything, it would encourage more movie-going.
5. The final reason I'm not going back is that when you plan to have lunch there, at the regular concession stand, your choices are popcorn, nachos or a hotdog (no fries). If you want more choices, you have to be in one of the theaters where they have the waitresses and "dine-in" feature. We would have liked that, but our movie was not showing in one of them. It ended up being popcorn for me and a hotdog for Connie.

My take on that whole theater--unfriendly, uncooperative and expensive! Not going back and it's NO mystery why!

1 comment:

  1. I had to smile about the other ladies worrying they were in the wrong seats when there were so few of you in the theatre! Maybe the VIP upcharge is having almost exclusive use of the auditorium ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.