Sunday, February 11, 2018

A Few Things

I've had quite a few random photos just waiting to be blogged, so here goes:
Nancy and I have started on a new needlepoint. This one is a row of cookbooks. I'm designing my own stitch guide for us. So far, so good.
Okay, so Butch and I do travel a lot. We get travel brochures nearly every day. But this one takes the cake. It's about the size of a phone book! I can't believe how much it must cost the company to publish these---not only money, but trees! What a waste. Just lower your prices by 100 bucks and save yourself millions!
Mindy is sporting the new necklace I gave her for Christmas. I'm pretty good at picking jewelry for the girls. They like jewelry and they like what I pick. Same goes for shoes. I told them this year that it was easy to pick shoes for them. I just pick out what I would love for myself, but can't wear!
On the other hand, now that I've had my "fusions", I'm back in business in the shoe department. I have several cute pairs now. I picked a rainy day to wear my new red boots, but it ended up not raining!
These two cuties are my cousins. I'm not even sure which number---and certainly can't keep that "once removed" business straight, but I'm pretty sure I might be able to marry them.
We went to a new sushi place on Friday night. They had this centerpiece. Morgan said the cat was a sushi roll because of the rice on the bottom. I'm pretty sure that we didn't order anything that contained cat. At least we hope not!
Mindy and I are watching the American Crime show. This season it's about Versace. Mindy sent me this picture of her and her friend, Rachel taken in front of his mansion a few years ago. Had they known these were the steps he was murdered on, they wouldn't have been so gleeful! The show is really good!
Stephanie and Nicky invited us over for a football game a couple weeks ago. Butch and I were trying to take our FIRST selfie ever. The "kids" all decided to photo bomb us!

Butch just got a fine new ride. He got another Buick Lacrosse. It's pretty awesome with so many features. It even has that new self park. He hasn't tried that yet. It seems scary to me, but I'd have to try it a few times to have confidence in it. I could use that when parking in the garage at the movie theater. It would save me all the back and forth!

Stephanie sent me this beautiful bouquet of flowers this week. It was an unexpected surprise and definitely gave me a lift. But...
...it was the note that really meant a lot. She is so articulate! This really says it all! I love my family!

That's about it for my "few things" post. Hoping you have a great Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely flowers and such a lovely note to go with them - you have a lovely family!
    I'm not sure I would trust a car to park itself! My husband's car has an automatic handbrake and I have problems believing that it will do that properly especially when I'm in traffic on a steep hill, I can't imagine sitting there while a car manoeuvred into a parking space. Let us know how you get on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great bit of randomness! That’s certainly an impressive hotel brochure. We got a similar one for cruises recently & I tore out some photos for my OLW vision board. 😀

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.