Tuesday, October 10, 2017

The Weekend

We began the weekend with Sandy, Victoria, Elizabeth and I going to lunch at a new place (well, new to me) here in Brentwood. I took them on my updated stars tour first. We went to Jefferson's for lunch. The place is small, but the food was really good.

When we got home, we made some dracula cookies:
They were pretty easy and turned out cute.

The rest of the family started to arrive for happy hour---before Sandy and Greg had to leave for the concert.





I found out from Sandy that my fashionable shirt is called a "cold shoulder" shirt. Turns out that was completely accurate. Later, after the craft project, I took Elizabeth and Analise to the movie to see Flatliners. It was pretty good---but scary for sure! My shoulders got pretty cold. I'm glad I had my pashmina!

I had some dip with vegetables and this hot one. I'm pretty sure I've had this before with different versions. It must have been good because it was completely wiped out. I didn't even get a taste! It couldn't be simpler.

Hot Cheesy Dip
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 cups sour cream
1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2 cup sliced green onion

Preheat oven to 400 degrees (that seemed high to me, so I did 375). Combine all ingredients and put in baking dish. Bake for 25-30 minutes until bubbly. Serve with crackers or veggies.

For dinner, I put a chuck roast in the crock pot and topped it with onion soup mix. I served it on buns with Muenster cheese and pickles. I made KFC Cole Slaw. I have never made very good cole slaw---usually opting for a bottled cole slaw dressing. This was good! I'll be making it from now on when I want cole slaw.

KFC Cole Slaw
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup buttermilk
2 1/2 T. lemon juice
1 1/2 T. white vinegar
1/2 t. salt
1/8 t. pepper
8 cups finely chopped cabbage (I bought the mix and it had carrots in it)
1/4 cup shredded carrot
2 T. minced onion

Pour cabbage mixture in large bowl and stir in onion. Mix dressing ingredients and pour over cabbage. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.