Tuesday, April 28, 2015

I Haven't Made My Bed in Months!

And you know what? I didn't even miss it! (Yes, I need those steps to get up there!)

Being laid up turned out to be a good thing for me. First off, this surgery has been life changing! I know that's a strong statement---but it's so true. I should have done it long ago. In fact, I'm going to do the other foot in September and get it over with---especially since now I know what to expect. After the first month, it was a piece of cake.

Once I started to feel better, the fact that my house seemed out-of-control started to get to me. Now don't get me wrong---Butch is a "neat" type of a guy. But he doesn't stand a chance against my OCD tendencies! He took great care of me and handled everything household.

But, it feels good to start getting on top of things again. I have been a cleaning fool. Last week I cleaned out all of my linen closets---mainly because I couldn't figure out where all the sheets have gone. They must be buried in the laundry room. I'll have to tackle that this week.

I have spent hours upon hours in my scrapbook room doing a major clean out.
 All of this is on the way out. I was ruthless. If I haven't used it in 5 years---it's gone.
Luckily, I've found a place here that takes donations so I can at least get the tax write-off. Plus, just giving scrapbook and art supplies to Good Will never seemed like a good idea. This way, it goes where people actually want it.
These are all that remain of my old photos. I scrapbooked a lot this week too. I'm using the old family pictures to scrapbook for the girls. Most of the scrapbooking I do for myself is the here and now and the stories I want to remember. Still, the girls will be happy to have pages from their childhood, family gatherings and trips.
This is the stack I did this week. I'll share a few of them in another post.

I have such a love/hate relationship with prednisone. Right now, I'm lovin' it! So many extra hours.

Next up---the closet in my scrapbook room! It really needs a good clean out.

In the meantime, I think I'll start making my bed again!
I like it much better this way!!

6 comments:

  1. so glad you are feeling awesome~energy is a great thing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you always make me want to tidy up, I wish I had your energy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's quite a pile of pages to have done amongst everything else - good to hear such a lot of bubbly energy from you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great last picture with that artfully arranged throw.

    It's good to see you enjoying that extra energy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on the closet clean out! We did a major clean out/purge of the master closet last weekend & I have 12 bags to drop off at the community outreach center when I'm out doing errands tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well aren't you up and at 'em. Glad your recovery proved to be so successful. We've been doing a little spring cleaning around here too - but at a very slow pace - no high energy stuff. And I am determined that I'm going to purge my scrapbook room by actually using all my stuff on projects.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.