Thursday, November 7, 2013

Wassup?

Outside my window: Fall is definitely upon us. There's a crispness to the air.

I am thinking: That the weekend is going to fly by.

I am thankful for: My freezer club. It's nice to have several meals already to be thawed.

From the kitchen: I haven't cooked since last Sunday when the family came over for dinner. Still working on the leftovers. Also, I organized my recipes. I set up a new binder for all the recipes I've printed out from the internet. I had a mess, so that really feels good. Now maybe I can find some things a little easier!

I am wearing: Butch is out-of-town, so as soon as I got home from bridge, I put on my jammies. I'm in for the night.

I am reading: Killing Jesus by Bill O'Reilly. I've read his other two books, Killing Lincoln and Killing Kennedy. They were excellent. Killing Jesus is really good already.

I am busy creating: I'm happy to report that I was able to get my Project Life album caught up. 
 August


 September


 October




Plus, I'm just about finished with my witch needlepoint. Probably another week and it will be done.

I am hearing: the roar of the fire in the fireplace.

Around the house and garden: I can't believe that it's almost time to start thinking about Christmas decorating. I know, Thanksgiving isn't even here yet, but the Christmas decorating is just overwhelming. I pretty much think about it all year!

In other news: My bridge partner came in first two weeks in a row. Then this week----third from the bottom! Not so good! Hopefully, we'll bounce back next week.

One of my favorite things right now: That would have to be my pot of hot tea in the morning while I read my blogs. I really need to get back in the habit of getting on the treadmill first thing. But I really love my leisure mornings.

I appreciate: a full day at home--like yesterday. I can get so much done when I don't have to leave the house. 

I regret: that I don't get to see Morgan more often. I told her recently that I see Jordan---who is off at college, more than I see her---who is in town. She works all the time. 

How the weekend is shaping up: Poker is at our house tomorrow night. I'm making clam chowder and hero sandwiches for the guys. I'm also making them a lemon poppyseed cake for dessert. We girls are going to Mere Bulles for dinner. 

Saturday, I'm going to Stephanie's new office to check it out. Then we're going shopping to decorate it. I'll be sure to post before and afters.

Hope your weekend is good.



4 comments:

  1. Decorating a new office sounds good to me. Looking forward to that once we've moved. Yeah for being caught up and days at home - both sound good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's starting to feel like Christmas round here: we are stirring up our Christmas pudding this afternoon. The smell of dried fruit and orange is something else!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like life is busy & good at your place. Great job getting your PL pages done - they look wonderful. I've started thinking about Christmas decorations a little, but I want to spend this week doing some cleaning/decluttering/reorganizing in the kitchen before the holidays get here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh your PL pages look wonderful. I like to have a good productive day at home too x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.