Tuesday, November 12, 2013

This and That

The Titans performed miserably against the worst team in the league---Jacksonville Jaguars. I'm glad I am not wasting my time going to the games anymore. Sitting in front of my own tv with my computer and stitching is the perfect way to watch for me. Either way, it doesn't make them play any better. If I was at the game, I'd just think I was wasting my time when they played so badly. Oh wait, that's how I feel regardless of how they play!!

On Saturday, I received this in the mail.
This is exactly as I pulled it out of the envelope. What? Where to look first? Everything was all separate. It's actually some sort of update to our insurance. So, I didn't even bother to try to read it. It will just go in the file---never to be retrieved again! I hope it's not anything important.

I've been working on December class kits. All I have left to do it to write the handout. I'm amidst putting the class materials together for "A Year of Memories" (AYM) for 2014. This year, we're going  "back to school." The album will not actually have anything to do with school. You'll have to wait and see what I have in mind!!

Yesterday, was "Movie Monday." I've been getting my friends together for lunch and a movie in Mondays as much as possible. Otherwise, I would never see movies. Butch doesn't like going to the movies. The last movie he saw was Warhorse nearly 2 years ago now.

We saw Twelve Years a Slave. OMGosh, it was sooooo good. But I have to say, it was very hard to watch in many, many places. My stomach ached trying to hold in the sobs. It is so unbelievable that people could treat fellow human beings like that. It's a true story about a free black man from Saratoga, New York in 1841. He was duped to go with a couple of men for a business venture to Washington, DC where he was drugged and put on a boat and sent south. He was sold in to slavery. The movie is based on the book that he wrote. I'm not going to give anything else away.

I'm nearly midway through Killing Jesus. Bill O'Reilly has a real knack for telling history in a concise and understandable way. I could never keep all of those Caesars or Herods straight.

I taped the movie Killing Kennedy. Since I read and enjoyed that book, I'm really looking forward to watching that.

One last thing. I stumbled upon a really quirky show that I am enjoying. It's on NPT and is called Miranda. It's a comedy---30 minutes long and no commercials. It takes place in England. I really like all of the characters, although I can't always understand what they are saying. Miranda is this rather large, awkward woman. She's just so regular---that she's hilarious.

I "get" to stay home all day today. I love days like this. I get so much done when I don't have to go out for anything. What I have on my list is not all that much fun, but needs to be done:
Clean fireplace screens
Clean and put away patio and porch cushions

The rest is fun stuff. I hope your day is fun too!


2 comments:

  1. The girl who plays Miranda has a stand-up comedy act and TSO and her friend like her so much they have already booked tickets for when she comes to town next March

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your Titans. I can't believe that was a Monday night game!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.