Monday, November 4, 2013

Currently

Walter and Chris arrived on Thursday. We've been busy. On Friday, Chris and I went downtown to see the Norman Rockwell exhibit at the Frist Center. For all of you locals---it is awesome and here until February 5th. Go. Be sure to get the audio tour.

We met Mindy for lunch at M's. We stopped by the mall so Chris could check out the Brighton store. We had dinner at Jimmy Kelly's. We went to Mass at St. Mary's downtown---the oldest Catholic church in Nashville. We had brunch at the Germantown Cafe. Chris and I went to the Country Music Hall of Fame. I cooked a lot. Chris and I watched several old movies and stitched. It was a fun weekend. We did as much as we could.

Now it's Monday and I have a crazy week ahead. I'm busy. All. The. Time. I'm not complaining. There's really nothing I would like to give up. But, I'm behind on some things that I really need to do. I have old photos that need scanning. I need to reduce some of the supplies I have in my scrapbook room. I need to design a Christmas project for the girls. I have bills to pay. I have laundry to do. I'm 3 months behind in Project Life (gasp) and I'm only doing by the month!

Where does the time go? An eternal mystery for me. Or maybe not. If I'm honest, I probably follow too many blogs. I should probably pare back, but I can't decide which ones to give up. I have too many social engagements---but really, how many are too many? I eat out too much---but that goes along with those social engagements.

Speaking of social engagements, today is Movie Monday---another "thing" I started up with my friends. We're seeing Gravity in 3D.

I should be up in my office or scrapbook room working. Instead, here I am messing around on my blog and reading others.

Still, I have a few things I want to share:
I was sad that the Cardinals lost the World Series this year. I've put attending a game on my bucket list. In the mean time, I'm living vicariously through my sister, Janice!! Jeanne, thanks for the t-shirt---she sent this one to Janice and the same to me. I could do without the beer. I really hate that stuff!
 We had a terrible storm---really high winds recently. I came out the next morning to this.
The leaves were so beautiful. I was entranced. By the next day, they were just all dead and brown. Still I have the pictures to remind me of how pretty they were.
All of the trees are particularly colorful this fall in Nashville. I'll bet the Smokies are stunning.
Travis is so darn cute these days. He doesn't walk anywhere---he runs! He plays soccer---no lie. He really knows how to kick the ball. It's going to be so interesting to see how he progresses. Angie has him signed up already. She said the kids are a little hard to organize. Seriously, I've seen him in action---he can really kick. He knows what he's doing. It's not just a fluke.
 When Chris and I went to the mall on Friday, I couldn't believe it was already decked out for Christmas.
November 1st and all ready for Christmas. Since I'm going to Christmas Village in two weeks, I'll be ready to finish my shopping. Notice I said "finish?" Yep, I've already got a good handle on the gift buying! Our recent trips helped with that.

Okay, I really do have to quit stalling and get to work.

Until the next time....

6 comments:

  1. I love Norman Rockwell - watching his Christmas special every year is part of our traditions. Sounds like a busy but fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Christmas preparations are stellar :). And hope you find time for all the scrap booking related activities too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you're staying busy! Enjoyed catching up today - we say Gravity a few weeks ago & enjoyed it, although I didn't think the ending was very satisfactory! We also saw Captain Phillips & have three movies on our list of things-to-see right now . . . if we can find the time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the leaves! thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely catch up with you and the leaves are beautiful, well spotted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's Tuesday here now, so I'm hoping you managed to get caught up on some of the things you wanted to do. We don't mind if you didn't, though..it's been fun to read this post, so no time was wasted!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.